Discussion topic: Sky/yahoo email not working on my laptop say error code 500, I can get Sky email on my phone, Any id

This message was authored by DerbyAlan This message was authored by: DerbyAlan

Sky/yahoo email not working on my laptop say error code 500, I can get Sky email on my phone, Any id

Error code 500 showing on my laptop, I can get email on my phone

All Replies

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Re: Sky/yahoo email not working on my laptop say error code 500, I can get Sky email on my phone, An

What email client are you using? If Windows Mail app or Outlook then there's currently a problem between Yahoo accounts & Microsoft email clients (funnily enough Windows Live Mail works). 

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
DerbyAlan
Topic Author

Re: Sky/yahoo email not working on my laptop say error code 500, I can get Sky email on my phone, An

Yahoo/Microsoft, That's the issue, Thanks for your response Virginia

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

You're welcome.

If you try another email client then this should work, you may require an app specific password though.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@twilight+princess wrote:

What email client are you using? If Windows Mail app or Outlook then there's currently a problem between Yahoo accounts & Microsoft email clients 

I'm not sure that is entirely true. There is no problem with Outlook on PC (and OP say it's a laptop) but it will require a generated password.

Windows 10/11 Mail app has problems displaying some emails correctly, but should connect.

Error 500 is an HTTP errors, so @DerbyAlan, are you access the email via a browser? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@DerbyAlan 

Try clearing your browsers cache and cookies then close down the browser before loading it up and trying again. If this doesn't work try a different browser works to see if that works for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
DerbyAlan
Topic Author

I access my Sky mail through my favourites, I tried through my browser and got the same reply, With Sky community on my laptop I get error code 400 and that won't open either, I've cleared all cookies...and still getting no luck

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Did you clear your browsers cache as well or even try using a different web browser ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
DerbyAlan
Topic Author

My web browser is Bing, I had a go on Google browser and got the same outcome, I went on a site called "down for every one or just me" and copied the address that was in the address bar...and it came up...it's not just you...skyidapp.Sky.com...is down, I cleared all cookies also

DerbyAlan
Topic Author

Just to add, I can access my Sky account with my bills and deals but not email, I can not access the Sky community either...it's a strange one...lol

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@DerbyAlan wrote:

My web browser is Bing, I had a go on Google browser and got the same outcome, I went on a site called "down for every one or just me" and copied the address that was in the address bar...and it came up...it's not just you...skyidapp.Sky.com...is down, I cleared all cookies also

That looks like the URL from an app, not a browser. Try logging into your Sky Yahoo Mail using this link: https://www.sky.com/signin/email

Works fine using Google Chrome.

@DerbyAlan wrote:

My web browser is Bing, I had a go on Google browser a

Bing is a search engine (and also an A.I. now), the browser is called Edge,

The Google browser is Chrome.

Has it been working fine until now? Have you made any changes to anti-virus/security software recently?

@DerbyAlan wrote:

Just to add, I can access my Sky account with my bills and deals but not email, 

When you are logged in there, is there a drop-down menu in the top right hand corner with Yahoo Mail as one of the options, if so, what happens if you select that?

jayach_0-1680801933160.png

DerbyAlan
Topic Author

Non of the above, It wouldn't open early this afternoon, Everything else on my lap top is working fine, 

DerbyAlan
Topic Author

Yes I tried the drop down menu...guess what...the same result

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion