Discussion topic: Pop-up allert advising Sky server is unsafe

This message was authored by Richard+Traynor This message was authored by: Richard+Traynor

Pop-up allert advising Sky server is unsafe

a month ago we visited France and used hotel internet. On second day our 2 Samsung Android  tablets had a pop-up alert that Sky.ID was unsafe and being attacked by hackers. When we retrurned we continued to be locked out of our mails and sky account by the same pop-up alert. Nothng attempted solves the problem. I have managed to overcome by using Firefox browser, but my wife cannot load that due " old version of Android, but I am unable to update.

Discussions with Sky service have not solved the problem other than to offer to sell us a new Tabllet.

Whilst a virus is a possibility, the problem only exists trying to log into Sky, either with the Pop-up alert, or simply "sign-in" cannot be activated. It cannot be a problem with the router/server privacy as claimed as we are now home with a private service and all other devices work correctly and log in to sky.

Has anyone a suggestion to solve this or to upload an alternative browser.

Keith taylor

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Pop-up allert advising Sky server is unsafe

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky Yahoo Mail doesn't generate this pop-up, so it's unlikely that Sky would be able to help with it. 

How do you access your  email? Via an app or client or only using your browser? Do you have any security software installed on these devices?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

What web browsers were you using ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

I've never heard of the "pop-ups" you described, and the fact it continues after returning home suggests it is something that has gotten onto the tablets.

Do you have access to any other devices to check it works O.K. on them?

Possibly the only thing it may be possible to do is restore the tablet to it's original state and start again.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion