Discussion topic: Sky.com email will not work with GMAIL or outlook, wont allow setup

This message was authored by sirnukem This message was authored by: sirnukem

Sky.com email will not work with GMAIL or outlook, wont allow setup

Hi everybody

I am having real issues with Sky emails

Simply cannot get it working on GMAIL app on my android which is running Adroid verion 11, 1st August 2021

Gmail version 2022.03.20.441053525.Release

I enter my username (@sky.com and password it says username or password is incorrect which its not as I can log into my emails via Edge browser using the same absolutly fine

If I use the option in GMAIL for Yahoo it goes through the montions wants me to select an option and allow access the fails when I click agree with:

404. Thats an error.

The Requested URL /?

code=Ftf9zmjrgeb62e6b9d67cxzbmmznwpb2 was not

found on this server.  That's all we know.

This is an error the GMAIL app brings up.

Im frustrated as hell as surely it can;t be this hard to get emails working on my phone vua the gmail app.

Anyone know what the deal is?

Thanks for any help.

J

Best Answers
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach Answer

Re: Sky.com email will not work with GMAIL or outlook, wont allow setup

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes the gmail app always produces that error. Why exactly I don't know, but it seems gmail doesn't like the OAuth method Yahoo use. (Outlook on PC has the same problem, Outlook on Apple works)

The "work around" is to select the account as "other" not Yahoo, and use a generated password instead of your Sky password. https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach Answer

Yes the gmail app always produces that error. Why exactly I don't know, but it seems gmail doesn't like the OAuth method Yahoo use. (Outlook on PC has the same problem, Outlook on Apple works)

The "work around" is to select the account as "other" not Yahoo, and use a generated password instead of your Sky password. https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps

This message was authored by R+Tye This message was authored by: R+Tye

Hi 

I have exactly the same problem accessing mail on gmail. 

Both Yahoo and other route on email setup simply fail to recognise either the email password or the 16 letter generated one. 

In either case it simply says 

User or password wrong. 

Yet....  It is open in a chrome tab on the sky mail host with that password. 

Gmail flat refuses to accept any sky account info as correct. 

Clearly there is a problem. I don't wish to have 3 email systems. I need 1. That works. 

Any ideas most appreciated

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@R+Tye 

It should work on Gmail (I assume you mean the Gmail app on iOS or Android)

You have to select the account as "other" and use the generated password.

If you have more than one Sky account, it's possible you are generating it for the wrong account.

Log in here:https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details, scroll down to Sky Yahoo Mail access and use the link there to generate the password.

Then, if possible, use the copy password link and paste it into Gmail.

Good luck.

This message was authored by Ferie This message was authored by: Ferie

Hi jayach, just wanted to say thanks a million for your post. I have a sky email account and was facing problems setting it up on Gmail app. Spoke to Sky advisor (domain expert) over the phone for 1.20 hours, he eventually said I need to call Google. Had a long online chat with G advisor who at the end said it's a domain issue. 

In total disappointment found your post, and in less than 2 minutes I could setup my sky mail on Gmail, I couldn't believe that and actually checked my emails to make sure.

Thanks again, really appreciated for your post. 

This message was authored by kmdcorp This message was authored by: kmdcorp

Many thanks jayach 🙂 

I was having the same problem when trying to setup Sky Yahoo e-mail on a new android device 

Your suggestuon worked 🙂

But I then needed to generate another password for Mail on my iPhone as when i generated the password for my android device, I couldn't get mail on my iPhone

@kmdcorp wrote:

But I then needed to generate another password for Mail on my iPhone as when i generated the password for my android device, I couldn't get mail on my iPhone

That is unexpected, I wouldn't think the iPhone app would be affected by generating a password for Android. Glad you were able to resolve it.

This message was authored by woop1 This message was authored by: woop1

Hi, I followed what you said and it worked, it generated a password as you said, this was for the account holder 

However there are two email accounts I need to add to my android mobile, the second one is not the account holder any ideas how I get a code for this one. 

@woop1 wrote:

Hi, I followed what you said and it worked, it generated a password as you said, this was for the account holder 

However there are two email accounts I need to add to my android mobile, the second one is not the account holder any ideas how I get a code for this one. 

Exactly the same, but you need to ensure you are logged into the website using the second email address, not the first.

This message was authored by Fedupagainagain This message was authored by: Fedupagainagain

Not very good at this, thank you so much

This message was authored by GG-on-wheels This message was authored by: GG-on-wheels

I have the same issue. It's annoying right now. I'm using a separate app but I wish they would sort this out because I would love to be able to get my meal in one place

@GG-on-wheels 

Just what "same issue" are you having?

The previous posters seem to have been able to get their Sky emails on Gmail, If that is what you mean.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@jayach wrote:

The previous posters seem to have been able to get their Sky emails on Gmail, If that is what you mean.

I have this set up so my Sky.com emails (if any get sent to that address) are collected via my Gmail account and have no issues. 

So what issue are you having @GG-on-wheels ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Bitz-R This message was authored by: Bitz-R

Hi,

Can get my sky emails but only 30days, the data settings for the sky account does not have the ability to change the number of sync days as the GMAIL account 

Any idea's?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Bitz-R wrote:

Hi,

Can get my sky emails but only 30days, the data settings for the sky account does not have the ability to change the number of sync days as the GMAIL account 

Any idea's?

You mean via the GMail app? I imagine that's a limitation of the app rather than Sky Yahoo Mail.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion