Discussion topic: Sky Yahoo Email Account Errors

This message was authored by Zippy101 This message was authored by: Zippy101

Re: Sky Yahoo Email Account Errors

Does anyone know if there is a fix for the sky.com email account error issues when using the iPhone Apple Mail app? It seems to be getting worse recently with more frequent errors. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Zippy101 wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a fix for the sky.com email account error issues when using the iPhone Apple Mail app? It seems to be getting worse recently with more frequent errors. 

It's not a Sky fault, so probably best to ask for an update from Apple.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Have you checked for any updates to the app ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Clare+Bates This message was authored by: Clare+Bates

Yes. App up to date. Apple say it's not them it's something that Sky yahoo must have changed on the servers. All of my friends on sky yahoo that look at their emails via Apple email app are seeing the same problems. Very frustrating and having to use outlook instead where there is no problem. 

You can also log in via sky.com and access your emails direct from the server that way.

It seems somewhat unlikely that it's a Sky issue, bearing in mind that other wpps and clients continue to work normally. It's only Apple Mail that is problematic.

You can also use the Outlook app to access your emails or even the Yahoo email app.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

as @Mark39 states its not a sky issue which i can understand but it is laffecting their users. Likely its a Yahoo/sky.com issue that is has an interaction with Apples new IOS 16 update. The biggest problem is its not a Yahoo general issue (i would guess as that would have Apples attention) its  just affecting the 'small' number of sky.com email users.  I will report again to Apple and link them to this thread etc. Also the more people who report the issue here the better so may i ask if you are reading this please report here to support getting Apples attention and/or Yahoo/sky.com. I am forever optimistic someone from Apple or Sky or Yahoo will take ownership to resolve.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Zippy101 

I'm not an Apple user, but if it's true that it isn't occuring with actual Yahoo email accounts  then is it possible to check that the app is using the Yahoo servers rather than the Sky ones.

So, imap.mail.yahoo.com rather than imap.tools.sky.com

and smtp.mail.yahoo.com instead of smtp.tools.sky.com.

I know Apple like to keep these things hidden from their users so it might not be possible actually check.

@jayach Thanks for the suggestion.  I have changed the addresses and will let you know how I get on.

This message was authored by Simoncoward This message was authored by: Simoncoward

This is not an apple issue as I am having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Android Phone, when trying to log into the app  I manage to in put my user name but as I put the password in I recieve the above banner.

@Simoncoward wrote:

This is not an apple issue as I am having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Android Phone, when trying to log into the app  I manage to in put my user name but as I put the password in I recieve the above banner.

Different issue. Which app are you using?

@Simoncoward 

Try setting your account up as a not yahoo one then using these settings:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

Server - imap.tools.sky.com
Port - 993
Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

Server - smtp.tools.sky.com
Port - 465
Requires SSL - Yes
Requires authentication - Yes

You will then need to generate a 16 digit password and use that instead of your usual one, you can do that here:
https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Simoncoward wrote:

What above banner?

There have been no reports of systematic errors on Android.

@jayach Kindly made a suggestion to change to yahoo servers from the sky ones. I did this about a week ago.  Interesting results - it seems to have got better with less account error occurances but the errors are still there on a daily basis but less frequent. I hope i'm not imagining this. So would be useful for others to try to see if they get the same results? 

This message was authored by Clare+Bates This message was authored by: Clare+Bates

I had the exact same happen to me when I changed the settings. Less frequency of server error but still happening. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion