Discussion topic: Phoney threats to close my email account

This message was authored by Emjayem43 This message was authored by: Emjayem43

Phoney threats to close my email account

Have been getting a volley of almost certainly phoney emails, masqueraiding at Sky, demanding I "update" my account or it will be shut down "within the following 24 hours".

The latest one speaks of my account being used "to send unsolicited emails" which, it warns is against our user agreement.

Then the trap words, highlighted: Click Here to Update. Naturally, I've done no such thing. And finally: 'If this message is ignored we will close your Account without your consent.'  Highlighted in black, that one.

I know it bears all the hall marks of another wearisome scam, the crude language, the bullying tone - but I had thought by now Sky would have had its own scam reporting  section, perhaps under security and privacy. As evidence over a length of time, these reports from their customers would surely have some value. Banks can do it. 

Also wondered if other Sky customers had been getting bombarded by variations on the above theme in the last couple of weeks?   Regards to fellow users.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Phoney threats to close my email account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky recommends you report emails etc purporting to be from them to Action Fraud: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-scams-help#whattodo

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Phoney threats to close my email account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky recommends you report emails etc purporting to be from them to Action Fraud: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-scams-help#whattodo

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion