Discussion topic: Phone doesn't download e-mail on demand

This message was authored by SP13 This message was authored by: SP13

Phone doesn't download e-mail on demand

Hi

I've set up two-step login for my Sky e-mails so a code is sent by e-mail to my Sky mobile phone. When I try to get the code, I'm unable to retrieve the e-mail because it says 'Checking for mail...' but then doesn't download the e-mail, it appears to get stuck trying to download the e-mail. It will download the e-mail eventually but not when I want it to. Does anyone know why my phone is not downloading e-mails immmediately, why is there a delay?

Thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Phone doesn't download e-mail on demand

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Can you login in here to access your emails:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/

The authentication code should be sent to you by a text message to the phone number you have provided. The recovery code (to turn it off) is sent to you by email if you didn't make a note of it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: Phone doesn't download e-mail on demand

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SP13 wrote:

I've set up two-step login for my Sky e-mails so a code is sent by e-mail to my Sky mobile phone. When I try to get the code, I'm unable to retrieve the e-mail because it says 'Checking for mail...'

Little bit confused, are you referring to the recovery code sent to your email when you set up 2FA, or the verification code sent by SMS each time you subsequently try to log in?

And are you trying to read these emails on the same phone, and if so how are you reading them, browser or app. and if app, which one.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion