Discussion topic: My sky yahoo email has been hacked and is sending out random emails to my contacts. Getting no help

This message was authored by handcart This message was authored by: handcart

My sky yahoo email has been hacked and is sending out random emails to my contacts. Getting no help

Requested help from yahoo said to to sky .... sky said go to yahoo... I cannot access any part of account or passwords 

Best Answers
handcart
Topic Author
This message was authored by handcart This message was authored by: handcart Answer

Re: My sky yahoo email has been hacked and is sending out random emails to my contacts. Getting no h

Hi - so Thankyou I am back in ! Who can I make sure everything is secure and no one is receiving any random emails as well as replies going elsewhere ? 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: My sky yahoo email has been hacked and is sending out random emails to my contacts. Getting no h

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you able to log in?

handcart
Topic Author

Cannot access anything 

Try the 'forgotten your password' link on the sky.com sign in  page. If you can't reset your password via the link because your memorable data or recovery email address have been changed, you'll need to give Sky a ring (not Yahoo).

Just tell them you've forgotten your password and can't reset it online. No need to mention hacking or your email account.

Make sure you choose a strong password - not a word you can find in a dictionary for example. Post again if you have further problems after logging in.

handcart
Topic Author
This message was authored by handcart This message was authored by: handcart Answer

Hi - so Thankyou I am back in ! Who can I make sure everything is secure and no one is receiving any random emails as well as replies going elsewhere ? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Login to your online account:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/

Go to Settings > More Settings > Filters and remove anything that you did not setup.

Then go to Settings > More Settings > Mailboxes > Your email address > Reply-to address

And again remove anything here that you did not setup.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
handcart
Topic Author

Thank you for your help - appreciated very much 

handcart
Topic Author

Back to square 1 locked out of email and

"My Sky" account - keep being refererred to Sky phone number that gets no answer

Have you tried resetting your password again?

So your access to your email was limited, have you tried changing the password again ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
handcart
Topic Author

My Sky email and my Sky account has both been locked 

@caesarome wrote:

have you tried changing the password again ?

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@handcart wrote:

Back to square 1 locked out of email and

"My Sky" account - keep being refererred to Sky phone number that gets no answer

Does that mean you did get back in, but then were locked out again?

If you are being given a number to ring, it should be answered eventually. Early morning is probably best time to ring.

This message was authored by bob+summers This message was authored by: bob+summers

Same happened to me and there is a filter Hotmail now on there I jave gone into setting but can't see more settings or filter please can you tell me where this option is please @ Caesarome

handcart
Topic Author

Go to settings- manage accounts and then mailbox.

if the same thing has happened to you an additional mail box has been added by the hack. This needs to be deleted 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion