Discussion topic: Message Delivery Failiure part network is on our block list

This message was authored by Selwonk+dj This message was authored by: Selwonk+dj

Message Delivery Failiure part network is on our block list

I am receiving   a message delivery failiure on some emails.  I am sending an email to an hotmail account and receiving the message  -  

. MTA p3plwbeout15-03.prod.phx3.secureserver.net received this response from the destination host IP - 104.47.18.97 -  550 , 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [173.201.193.38] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [AM6EUR05FT046.eop-eur05.prod.protection.outlook.com]

It suggests  this a Sky Internet service issue or should I contact the recipient  email service provider to whitelist? I would appreciate help as this is affecting my business.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Message Delivery Failiure part network is on our block list

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky don't support business use of the Sky Yahoo Mail service.

It might be your public IP address which is blacklisted. Try turning off your router for a 30 minutes or so, and you should be given a new public IP address when you restart it.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Selwonk+dj wrote:
It suggests  this a Sky Internet service issue or should I contact the recipient  email service provider to whitelist? I would appreciate help as this is affecting my business.

173.201.193.38 isn't a Sky IP address.It appears to be in the USA.  Are you using a VPN?

How are you sending your emails? Are you using the Sky SMTP server?

This message was authored by KatylizRichards This message was authored by: KatylizRichards

I'm getting exactly the same right now.

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [173.201.193.238] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [VI1EUR05FT040.eop-eur05.prod.protection.outlook.com 2023-05-05T03:00:37.192Z 08DB4C12FF85DD7C]

I've contacted my email provider and its not theirs to deal with, they've referred me to my Internet service provider, which is Sky but I can't talk to anyone directly and its frustrating. Any ideas?

No VPN being used, Email supplier isn't one of the big companies (gmail, hotmail etc), Email is Imap.

I've just sent a test via my phone to my private email, switched the wifi off to use my mobile provider, see if I can get around it for the minute. No problem receiving that at all, no errors. 

Any advice would be amazing.

@KatylizRichards have you tried acquiring a new public IP address? What problem are you having contacting,Sky?

This message was authored by KatylizRichards This message was authored by: KatylizRichards

Hiya, thanks for replying,

I'll give the public IP thing a go. And it would probably be a good idea if I wait until after the public holiday to contact them, I couldn't get an answer.

@KatylizRichards wrote:

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [173.201.193.238] weren't sent.

I've contacted my email provider and its not theirs to deal with, they've referred me to my Internet service provider, which is Sky but I can't talk to anyone directly and its frustrating. Any ideas?

That appears to be a GoDaddy address.

As you arn't using a Sky email address I doubt it has anything to do with Sky, unless you are using their SMTP server.

I think when they refer you to your internet service provider they are assuming it is they who are providing your email service.

If you reboot your router you should get a new I.P. address.

Are you having problems sending or recieving, or both?

Thats weird as I'm using TSOhost, but hey I don't know how any of them work, they could use similar systems.

Its just the sending of emails, when I send with wifi off (sky) so using mobile network (plusnet or E), I have no trouble at all. Just mentioning it in case it sparks an idea or anything.

I'm going to change the IP address asap though.

Thanks for the ideas and help. I mean I'm not very tech savvy, I can muddle my way through but I trust that you've probably seen most things to be able to offer advice.

It might be worth checking here: IP Address Blacklist Check (whatismyipaddress.com) and seeing if it is on any blacklists.

Hiya,

I checked that site no issues with the IP, but I've changed anyway and re-run the test and all good.

Really appreciate the suggestions. If anything else happens I'll pop a message on but hopefully it'll be ok now. Fingers crossed.

Have a great weekend!

Kate

Result! 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion