Discussion topic: Impossible to create my sky e-mail account in Outlook on Apple desktop

This message was authored by PH67 This message was authored by: PH67

Impossible to create my sky e-mail account in Outlook on Apple desktop

I know this has been posted before, with all the various workarounds, but nothing works. I have tried to say "not yahoo" upon creation, but the "add account" button is always greyed out; I have tried the 16 digit new app passqword, but that is "unable to sign in". It works on my mobile, just not on the desktop. I have the latest Outlook version. There are now thousands of posts about this, but Sky seem totally uninterested in helping. 

All Replies

PH67
Topic Author

Re: Impossible to create my sky e-mail account in Outlook on Apple desktop

Ha ha ha, after the 10th time of entering an app password, one is finally accepted. But has it solved the permanent "sync is pending for this folder" issue? Of course not. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PH67 wrote:

There are now thousands of posts about this, but Sky seem totally uninterested in helping. 

It's essentially a Microsoft issue. Sky Yahoo Mail itself works fine

PH67
Topic Author

Not much comfort, but thanks. Bizarrely when I go to the new 16.73.2 "new version" the issue disappears, but I lose all of my Notes that were within Outlook. The help says, "go to View tab, and click on "Navigation pane and check Notes" but there is no such "Navigation Pane" option under "View".

All I see are the three dots in the left hand column, and if I click on "Notes" in there, I go to a Microsoft log-in page.

So I'll go back to the old look. Again. 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@PH67 wrote:

I have tried to say "not yahoo" upon creation, but the "add account" button is always greyed out; I have tried the 16 digit new app passqword, but that is "unable to sign in". It works on my mobile, just not on the desktop. I have the latest Outlook version. 

Never having used an Apple desktop, but using Outlook on PC, there is no "Not Yahoo" option, that is only on Outlook for mobile.

With Outlook for Desktop, you need to use the manual setup with a generated password.

PH67
Topic Author

And now I realise (from much searching) that the idiots at Microsoft have not yet enable native Notes and Tasks in the new 16.73.2 version. It takes a genius to make a decision like that. I guess it is because they want to push OneNote, but rather than make that work, nothing works.

PH67
Topic Author

Thanks I know it works on a PC, I have a work computer that is a PC. But my home computer is a MAC, for better or for worse. It seems their pathetic little MS/Apple war extends to making their products as difficult to use in each others' world as possible. 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

The thing is Sky email addresses do work in Outlook (the version that comes with Microsoft Office) and it shouldn't really matter if it's on a PC or Mac.

Why not use Apple Mail? That will be compatible with the rest of the Apple ecosystem.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion