Discussion topic: Getting mail allegedly from SKY. I suspect a scam as there is a link "att.services.cn8110947@generic

This message was authored by Mike+Dowling This message was authored by: Mike+Dowling

Getting mail allegedly from SKY. I suspect a scam as there is a link "att.services.cn8110947@generic

Message on my wife's laptop from a suspect address, stating that her account is being updated and if she does not connect to the link, all her e-mails will be lost. I have deleted the message and need assurance that this is a scam.

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Getting mail allegedly from SKY. I suspect a scam as there is a link "att.services.cn811094

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mike+Dowling  It's a well known scam reported on the forum on an almost daily basis.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Getting mail allegedly from SKY. I suspect a scam as there is a link "att.services.cn811094

@Mike+Dowling  It's a well known scam reported on the forum on an almost daily basis.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

It's a scam. The link will lead to a fake login page in order to capture your wife's sign in credentials. There are no 'updates' to Sky Yahoo Mail.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Just mark this email as spam so it gets deleted and keep marking them as spam should you receive anymore.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by IH56 This message was authored by: IH56

I seem to get one of these scam emails pretending to be from Sky nearly every day.  Shouldn't the system have found a way of blocking them by now since this has been going on for about a year?  (I rarely get any other spam, just this one over and over again.)

@IH56 wrote:

I seem to get one of these scam emails pretending to be from Sky nearly every day.  Shouldn't the system have found a way of blocking them by now since this has been going on for about a year?  (I rarely get any other spam, just this one over and over again.)

There is. It relies on you marking these emails as spam so that it learns over time what features to look out for. If they come from the same sending address each time, you can block them yourself.  I rarely see spam of any sort in my Sky Yahoo Mail inbox.

This message was authored by sammyfooty This message was authored by: sammyfooty

IVE contacted sky with no response.. disgusted with my provider. This is the mail I queried..

FINAL REMINDER 

Dear User,
 You are required to update your SKY Account, as the check on inventory shows your action on your account is required.

(Removed)

Please kindly make sure your  SKY Mail Account is up-to-date to avoid service outage.

Thank you
SKY©2023  All Rights Reserved..

Moderator note: Removed link

@sammyfooty it's a frequently reported attempt to scam you. The link is not to a legitimate Sky website (I've reported it to Sky).

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@sammyfooty wrote:

IVE contacted sky with no response.. disgusted with my provider. This is the mail I queried..

Your email is so obviously scam. (unless you think Sky may use google docs to contact their account holders) why would you contact Sky?

You can certainly report such emails to abuse@sky.com but there is no way Sky can stop them being sent.

Scams calls, emails or texts | Sky Help | Sky.com

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

If it was an email from Sky they would address you by your first name and not "Dear User", mark these emails as spam so they are deleted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by sammyfooty This message was authored by: sammyfooty

Thankyou all for your fine replies

i reported it to the sky scam.. 

really appreciate 

This message was authored by IH56 This message was authored by: IH56

Although I get one of these nearly every day, the sender's email address is always different, so blocking doesn't work.  Even so, I suspect it is the same person as this is the only spam I get on my Sky account.

@IH56 wrote:

Although I get one of these nearly every day, the sender's email address is always different, so blocking doesn't work.  Even so, I suspect it is the same person as this is the only spam I get on my Sky account.

Blocking spam rarely works as spammers just fabricate a new sendong email address to avoid it.. Mark them,as spam and they'll diminish over time.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion