Discussion topic: Family member with secondary account on my Sky ID and email account is locked out

This message was authored by Noddie25 This message was authored by: Noddie25

Family member with secondary account on my Sky ID and email account is locked out

My family member with secondary account on my Sky ID and email account is locked out of their email on their Ipad. They use the account when in the library as dont have internet in their own home. I can't find how to reset their password as they have used too many attmpts at remembering it. Surely as the primary account holder i can access their account to request a password reset be sent to me as they dont have email on their phone either (they are late eighties and frightened of being scammed).

Any advice welcome before i call the Sky tech people and waste endless time on the phone trying to get through.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Family member with secondary account on my Sky ID and email account is locked out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Noddie25 wrote:

Surely as the primary account holder i can access their account to request a password reset be sent to me as they dont have email on their phone either (they are late eighties and frightened of being 

No, the email accounts are separate.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Family member with secondary account on my Sky ID and email account is locked out

They will probably find their account is locked for 24 hours or so but it shouldn't be that difficult to reset the password anyway as they should be using this link:

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/

If they have a recovery email address setup on their account then the reset email would be sent to that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Noddie25 

Although you created the email address, you have no control over it from main account, it is entirely separate.

However, if you know the password, you should be able to log in to it.

So can you/they log in here:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion