Discussion topic: Emails not being received from other organisations

This message was authored by Pauls44 This message was authored by: Pauls44

Emails not being received from other organisations

I have been advised that a reputable company  sent me an e-mail in  January and received this message back:

Your message couldn't be delivered. Despite repeated attempts to contact the recipient's email system it didn't respond.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system isn't accepting connection requests from your email system. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: PR3PR01MB6490.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com
Receiving server: PR3PR01MB6490.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com
Total retry attempts: 4

1/24/2024 12:24:00 PM - Server at PR3PR01MB6490.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com returned '550 5.4.300 Message expired -> 421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError'
1/24/2024 12:10:23 PM - Server at mx-eu.mail.am0.yahoodns.net (188.125.72.73) returned '421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError'

Since then another person has had problems and another large organsiation has also had messages to me rejected.

I have no filters on - any thoiughts as I have no idea if others are also having the same issue

All of these organsiations ahev been in reguloar contact with me in previous times.

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: Emails not being received from other organisations

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There have been many similar reports recently, always apparently from Microsoft related addresses.

It has been suggested the problem is related to Yahoo tightening up spam related measures, however there really isn't anything we, as users, can do.

Pauls44
Topic Author

Many thanks for coming back so quickly 

Does this mean I cannot ever receive from these people  people who I have maintained long contact.  Have had to revert to Wattsapp which is not very helpful when sending documents 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pauls44 wrote:

Does this mean I cannot ever receive from these people  people who I have maintained long contact.  Have had to revert to Wattsapp which is not very helpful when sending documents 

No, I'm sure it will be resolved between the various organisations, but who knows when?

Using a different email address may be an easier solution.

Pauls44
Topic Author

Yesterday emails came through from the private account no problems

The other two are educational establishments so don't expect to be able to test them until after holiday break

Looks like filters removed thank goodness 

Again grateful thanks for support.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion