Discussion topic: Email

This message was authored by Jo+Hutchings This message was authored by: Jo+Hutchings

Email

Can anyone tell me id this is genuine and I do need to update my Sky mail:

To continue giving you the best experience and service, we need to let you know about some changes we're making.

The classic version of Sky that you're using on your computer will no longer be available to ensure continued access to your Sky Mail account, you will not be automatically upgraded to the latest version of Sky! Mail or Basic Mail, it's quick, easy and free. Just update your email address now. All changes come into effect on 20 June 

It has a refreshed design that provides a fast, reliable and intuitive experience. To update to the latest version of Sky Mail, visit.(removed)
Thank you for choosing Sky.

Your Sky Team

Moderator comments: removed URL 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jo+Hutchings wrote:

No it is fake as there is no update that you need to do, we have seen a number of people reporting asking about these latetly so clearly they are doing the rounds so mark them as spam and do the same should you be sent anymore as the thing to remember is if there is an update then Sky/Yahoo will do it because as customers this isn't something we would need to do.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@Jo+Hutchings wrote:

No it is fake as there is no update that you need to do, we have seen a number of people reporting asking about these latetly so clearly they are doing the rounds so mark them as spam and do the same should you be sent anymore as the thing to remember is if there is an update then Sky/Yahoo will do it because as customers this isn't something we would need to do.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Gixer11 This message was authored by: Gixer11

Spam or not spam

I keep getting these emails and I assume it's spam

URGENTLY NOTE : NEW SECURE (removed)

Sky Mail: !!!!!!!!!

To: no-reply at cc.yahoo-inc.com

Reply-To: Sky Mail <!!!!!

Dear Valued Customer

You're receiving this because we are closing all old versions of Sky Mailbox, effective  June 16, 2023

Please use the link below to secure your email account(s).

Update your version

Sincerely,
Sky.com

Privacy Policy | Customer Support | Unsubscribe
©2023 Yahoo. All Rights Reserved.
SKY Email, Box 65101, Dept 5627, Sterling, VA 20165-8805.

If is spam, and I'm pretty sure it is, is there any way to report this to Sky?

Thanks

Moderator comments: removed personal details 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Jo+Hutchings  As per @caesarome  reply these are fake emails intended to scam you by getting hold of personal data.

These are reported on a daily basis within the forum, as youll see when you peruse through the email forum.

Any updates to the Sky/Yahoo email platform are always performed in the background and you never need to provide your details again via an email link.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Spam or not spam

@Gixer11  See replies replies above. It is a SCAM email.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion