Discussion topic: Email advising 24hrs to VALIDATE MY ACCOUNT by clicking a link in the email SCAM

This message was authored by Westoe1962 This message was authored by: Westoe1962

Email advising 24hrs to VALIDATE MY ACCOUNT by clicking a link in the email SCAM

Validating my account  by clicking the link below convinced its a scam any comments from the community

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Email advising 24hrs to VALIDATE MY ACCOUNT by clicking a link in the email SCAM

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes, it's almost certainly a scam. The link will take you to a fake login page designed to capture your user name and password.  Mark it as spam and delete it. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Email advising 24hrs to VALIDATE MY ACCOUNT by clicking a link in the email SCAM

Yes, it's almost certainly a scam. The link will take you to a fake login page designed to capture your user name and password.  Mark it as spam and delete it. 

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

100% scam. If you hover the mouse over any links I bet they do not point to a genuine Sky url.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
Westoe1962
Topic Author
This message was authored by Westoe1962 This message was authored by: Westoe1962

the one that arrived today had a yahoo email address so thjey are getting cleverer but still scam. rang sky CS they confirmed no such email has been sent out from sky/yahoo

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Westoe1962 wrote:

the one that arrived today had a yahoo email address 

That will be the address of someone who previously fell for the scam.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion