Discussion topic: EMAILS disappeared from my inbox from 29th April 2022 20 2nd of May 2023.

This message was authored by IJUSTWANTTOSAY This message was authored by: IJUSTWANTTOSAY

EMAILS disappeared from my inbox from 29th April 2022 20 2nd of May 2023.

This is not the first time I have lost emails from my inbox that couldn't be recovered. I have tried everythin on the Yahoo help list, nothing works, they don't seem to care and I am getting fed up of paying for a service that often takes impoetant information in my emails away from me. SKY, time you did something about Yahoo email service,  or change to another server.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: EMAILS disappeared from my inbox from 29th April 2022 20 2nd of May 2023.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You don't pay for Sky Yahoo Mail. It's provided at no additional cost. 

I'd recommend moving emails that contain important information to a separate folder where they're less likely to disappear, rather than leaving them in your Inbox. Better still, given your experience, organise your email so that you can back it up regularly.

There's practically no possibility that Sky will change to a different email provider. More likely they'll eventually dispense with provision of an email service completely. I suspect it's only,provided to meet legacy expectations.

There are however, far more reliable, free email service providers available that aren't linked to an ISP. I'd switch to one of them.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@IJUSTWANTTOSAY 

Have a read of this as it might be worth a try if you have tried this yet:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html

If they are restored then it would be advisable not to store all your emails in your inbox if this is where they were located, but instead set up separate folders to keep them in.

As this has happened before it is advisable to setup a new email account somewhere else and use it instead.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Is this via webmail or an email client?
If client then check under the account's setting to ensure that it is set to show all mail rather than X No of days.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion