Discussion topic: Can’t connect to server

This message was authored by Smithers123 This message was authored by: Smithers123

Re: Can’t connect to server

Was same when I downloaded it , does work ok now and again , the Yahoo app works well and has some interesting features try it till they fix this problem 

This message was authored by Apache+48 This message was authored by: Apache+48

Downloaded the new update, still same no change, nothing downloaded from server 

Maybe someone can explain why it's taking so far around 3weeks to repair there servers, if this is the reason, or are not that bothered 😕 

This message was authored by Smithers123 This message was authored by: Smithers123

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint#message-us-only

may a suggest you all raise a complaint at the above URL in working hours , point them at this thread  

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Apache+48 wrote:

Maybe someone can explain why it's taking so far around 3weeks to repair there servers, if this is the reason, or are not that bothered 😕 

There is nothing wrong with the servers, they are working perfectly well for every app other than Apple Mail. Why would you think it is the servers?

Because different servers for different platforms so I have been told 

@Smithers123 wrote:

Because different servers for different platforms so I have been told 

That I don't believe, but I have no proof. 

Where did you hear that?

Apple told me that the have servers for apple , android, windows  

Smithers123_0-1670367764873.png

Your picture hasn't been moderated yet, and far be it from me to disagree with Apple, but I still doubt it.

Gemma1806
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gemma1806 This message was authored by: Gemma1806

I spoke to Apple again this week. I've been assured they are aware of the problem. Seems they've had a lot of complaints. I spoke to a very nice lady who was in their senior support team. She said they are still trying to establish the issue and are awaiting a response from Yahoo. They are, however, notorious for taking ages to respond. Oh and charging people to contact their support team!! She said any fox will come from Apple as an update, so we just have to sit and wait. In the meantime, I'm using Outlook which I prefer to Yahoo mail as it isn't full of ads!!

Put my complaint in,  as to the response above, servers, email, Apple don't really care, all I want is answers and to get my mail,  after 21 years with sky,  loads money a month, need an answer as to who is at fault,  

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Apache+48 

Try installing the Yahoo email app or the Outlook email app as these should both work. Or login to the Sky website for access to your online email account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@Apache+48 wrote:

Put my complaint in,  as to the response above, servers, email, Apple don't really care, all I want is answers and to get my mail,  after 21 years with sky,  loads money a month, need an answer as to who is at fault,  

You do realise that none of the money you pay Sky is for the email. Sky email is free and no longer available to new users, but they still pay the same.

If you are complaining to Sky, you are complaining to the wrong people. Sky would love to see the back of the email, but they made a commitment to us at the start that "Sky email is for life" and they are still keeping to that. Just waiting for us to all die out I suppose. LOL

@Gemma1806 wrote:

I spoke to Apple again this week. I've been assured they are aware of the problem. Seems they've had a lot of complaints. I spoke to a very nice lady who was in their senior support team. She said they are still trying to establish the issue and are awaiting a response from Yahoo. They are, however, notorious for taking ages to respond. Oh and charging people to contact their support team!! She said any fox will come from Apple as an update, so we just have to sit and wait. In the meantime, I'm using Outlook which I prefer to Yahoo mail as it isn't full of ads!!

Thanks for the update from Apple @Gemma1806 

If they expect the fix will come from them, it presumably means they accept the problem is theirs.

Glad you are finding Outlook a reasonable substitute in the meantime.

Totally agree about Yahoo and the ads.

Customer Account Number: *************$$

I understand from your email that the mail servers is not working well on iphone but you are unable to conect and all the other apps are working fine.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

I request you to follow the steps given in the below given link which shall help you in resolving the issue that you are facing with Sky Yahoo Mail :

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/problems-accessing-sky-yahoo-mail

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion