Discussion topic: Additional email address verification

This message was authored by Inhope This message was authored by: Inhope

Additional email address verification

I am very tired of the following:

Every single time I log into Yahoo mail through Sky I am asked to provide an additional email address to access services.

I bypass this by fiddling around but I am wasting my time every single time.

No more.

I don't have another email address and after 21 years will change my provider if this continues. Does anyone know how to stop this rubbish.

Thanks in anticipation...btw, if it is anything to do with using a VPN, then Sky can finally go do one!

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: Additional email address verification

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I've not heard of anyone else having a similar problem.

@Inhope wrote:

...btw, if it is anything to do with using a VPN, then Sky can finally go do one!

You could prove if it is to do with the VPN by turning it off temporarily. If the problem goes away, it must be because of the VPN.

@Inhope wrote:

I don't have another email address .

Would it not be worth creating yourself a second email address to be able to answer the prompt?

A second email addrees can come in handy at times. I would suggest getting one at gmx.co.uk

@Inhope wrote:

after 21 years will change my provider if this continues.

Not much of a threat I'm afraid, I'm sure Sky would love to see the back of us email users.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Additional email address verification

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Inhope wrote:

I don't have another email address and after 21 years will change my provider if this continues. Does anyone know how to stop this rubbish.

Why not just setup a new email account, you could have one in seconds with Outlook.com (Microsoft) or Gmail (Google). Even if you leave Sky this issue will not got away and you can then use this address to fix this issue or dump your Sky email account and use the new one instead.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion