Discussion topic: Adding telephone no to 2-step verification?

This message was authored by Gozza+T This message was authored by: Gozza+T

Adding telephone no to 2-step verification?

I recently set up the 2-Step verification on my Sky Yahoo Mail - but have only been able to add my own mobile number - my wife needs access to it butI'm unable to add her mobile number too. Its a hassle having to ask me for the code evry time she wants to use it.  I've tried searching for a fix but the screen shots do not appear to match my Security page format.  Getting really frustrated as unabe to contact Yahoo and FAQ's are no good.  Anyone know how?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Adding telephone no to 2-step verification?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Is your wife using your email account? If so, I don't think there's anything more you can do.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

It's very strange, but until recently Sky have not supported 2FA.,

But I think the assumption is an email address is "owned" by one person.

If you are trying t share the same email address, that is probably not catered for.

Edit:

It is really strange, for years we have had complaints that 2FA wasn't available,

Now it is, and immediately we have complaints that there is only one second factor available.

You couldn't make it up.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@jayach wrote:

Edit:

It is really strange, for years we have had complaints that 2FA wasn't available,

Now it is, and immediately we have complaints that there is only one second factor available.

You couldn't make it up.

Sadly predictable....🙂

Gozza+T
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gozza+T This message was authored by: Gozza+T

Thanks all - @Mark39 @jayach just really frustrating thats there doesn't appear to be an easy fix to this.  Appreciate that increased security is a positive but I can't be the only one that shares an email address for simplicity sake and to have only one mobile no. to receive a code is bonkers.  Surely they can initiate a fix for this!!!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion