Discussion topic: using thermostat app with wifi

This message was authored by acudav1 This message was authored by: acudav1

using thermostat app with wifi

HI, i have been having problems with the vaillant sensoroom thermostat and vaillant connect. These have been changed twice  to no avail. Now vaillant are blaming our internet. Is there any way to check this is adequate as the app connects okay but does not work properly. I want to pursue all options before i confront vaillant again. Any help would be appreciated

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: using thermostat app with wifi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@acudav1 

We would need more information than just 'not work properly'. What exactly doesnt work? Does the system connect to your Sky hub at least or do you not even get that far?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
acudav1
Topic Author

Sorry for the brief description.  It is a vaillant connect app with a sensoroom thermostat. The app connects to the hub perfectly. The app does not keep the settings set on the thermostat. The current temperature on the phone app does not correspond to the thermostat. and sometimes the app takes control and switches itself on.There is also a lag between altering the settings on the app to the settings changing at the thermostat.

I cant think that this is a sky problem although when going through the virtual assistant it did  a wifi check and told us there was a problem with our home connectivity although checks ive done myself say the wifi is good.

I have noticed that the ring doorbell also has a delay from sensing someone at the door to notifying  on the phone ( galaxy a12}

@acudav1 

How much 'lag' exactly? Smart devices always have some sort of delay as the request has to go through central servers. A 10-15 second delay in changing the temp on your phone to it being reflected on the system is quite normal. 

Can you also please post your router stats?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
acudav1
Topic Author

The lag is sometimes a minute to a minute and a half.

router stats as below.

acudav1_0-1706190295388.png

@acudav1 

There is nothing on your router stats that would suggest a fault. Providing both your mobile & the heating system has a good WiFi signal there should be no reason for it to have a delay or not respond. Unfortunately you may have to go back to the manufacturer.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
acudav1
Topic Author

thanks jamesn123 that a great help  and i will see what vaillant have to say. thanks again

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion