Discussion topic: unable to access router home page

This message was authored by TVT+Dave This message was authored by: TVT+Dave

unable to access router home page

For some reason, I cannot access the home page on my router (192.168.0.1). I get a message that the 'site' is unsafe as it isn't https. I have tried both firefox and chrome, but get the same result even if I override the warning. All that happens is that the update arrow keeps going round! Local computers are hard wired to the router so it isn't a wifi problem.

Until recently, I had no trouble calling up the route's home page, but I do I have an adblocker and Ublock on the computer which may be the problem. This isn't a question of not being able to log in via a username and password - just that I cannot even get to home page!

Any suggestion appreciated.

Dave B.

Best Answers
TVT+Dave
Topic Author
This message was authored by TVT+Dave This message was authored by: TVT+Dave Answer

Re: unable to access router home page

Thanks cookiemonsteruk for your reply and comment.

Of the two desktop PCs, my one (which is alongside the router) won't display the router home page at all using Firefox or Chrome. All I get is that the 'website' isn't secure!

On my wife's computer, using Chrome, I can get into the home page, and as you say, I can click to 'over-ride' the warning about being not secure. So I do have access to the router if I require to make any changes. Also, I can use my pad - I have no problems looging on to the home page, and further if needbe through a U/N and P/W.

Overall this problem has been solved, but still doen't answer why my computer wont' let me into the home page on the router, although I suspect that it might be uBlock.

TVT+Dave

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TVT+Dave 

There should be an option to ignore the message. The log in from within your lan and no info escapes out to the wan

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
TVT+Dave
Topic Author
This message was authored by TVT+Dave This message was authored by: TVT+Dave Answer

Thanks cookiemonsteruk for your reply and comment.

Of the two desktop PCs, my one (which is alongside the router) won't display the router home page at all using Firefox or Chrome. All I get is that the 'website' isn't secure!

On my wife's computer, using Chrome, I can get into the home page, and as you say, I can click to 'over-ride' the warning about being not secure. So I do have access to the router if I require to make any changes. Also, I can use my pad - I have no problems looging on to the home page, and further if needbe through a U/N and P/W.

Overall this problem has been solved, but still doen't answer why my computer wont' let me into the home page on the router, although I suspect that it might be uBlock.

TVT+Dave

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion