Discussion topic: outage - refunds and timelines

This message was authored by MacaMGilbert This message was authored by: MacaMGilbert

outage - refunds and timelines

Hi,

For the first time using Sky an outage has been reported in my area. I do realize these things could happen, but what seems a bit surprising is that there are no timelines for fixing the issue. They say that this could take a 'couple of days'. Are there any timelines for this?

Are we entitled to a refund given that we are paying for a service we are not receiving?

Thanks

Maca

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: outage - refunds and timelines

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MacaMGilbert 

This link s explains the auto compensation which will be added to your account by the way of a credit once the outage is fixed:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

Is starts from the date you first reported the fault.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: outage - refunds and timelines

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MacaMGilbert 

Openreach have a target time of two working days but that's a target only. It will depend on many factors including how big the outage is and if the road needs digging up in order to carry out a repair. 

This link explains auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion