Discussion topic: my annalogue alarm system wont connect with my sky fibre, any fixes please

This message was authored by Nickyc70 This message was authored by: Nickyc70

my annalogue alarm system wont connect with my sky fibre, any fixes please

when we had sky fibre installed our alarm cant be monitored as it works on an annalogue connection, the alarm company suggested n analogue box and sk would provide one, is this the case

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: my annalogue alarm system wont connect with my sky fibre, any fixes please

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nickyc70 wrote:

the alarm company suggested n analogue box and sk would provide one, is this the case

There's no such thing any more: since September 5th 2023 all new broadband provisioning across the UK is without an analogue (PSTN) service.  Your alarm company really should know this.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by simon194 This message was authored by: simon194

@Nickyc70 wrote:

when we had sky fibre installed our alarm cant be monitored as it works on an annalogue connection, the alarm company suggested n analogue box and sk would provide one, is this the case

As @TimmyBGood says, you can't have an anlogue line when you switch to FTTP.

You can get Terminal Adapters that will allow you to connect the analogue line to the router but they may not necessarily work with an alarm system if it uses any special signalling.

To be honest, it's the alarm company that should sort it out because they should know that analogue lines are being phased out. My alarm company swapped out the analogue module in my alarm for an ethernet based one.

@Nickyc70  Most decent alrm providers will have systems that either utilise the 4G network or your home broadband, if your current provider is being hesitant in providing this to you as an upgrade I recommend you change provider.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion