Discussion topic: drop line

This message was authored by loverboi This message was authored by: loverboi

drop line

is this safe for my drop line to be like this being pushed by branches and will it affect my connection or make the cable snap soon or later and advice and help  will be very appreciated:) 😞drop line.jpgdrop line.jpgdrop line 3.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: drop line

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@loverboi 

Safe? Yes

Good for the line? No

I would recommend taking a look at Openreach's page on this and decide if you should report it to them

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
loverboi
Topic Author

@jamesn123 thanks for the quick reply and im worried as the branches are growing upwards and the line is sitting on them and pushing it higher and higher and im worried that it will where its cliped to house that the cable will be under so much tension that it will be snap and im left with no broadband 😞

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@loverboi 

You are right, it may well damage it. Like I said, take a look at the site I linked and report it to Openreach.

Do you know whos property the trees are? 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
loverboi
Topic Author

thanks sir 🙂 😞           

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@loverboi wrote:

it will be snap and im left with no broadband 😞

Unfortunately Openreach basically doesn't do proactive maintenance on individual domestic cables (and aren't required to do so by Ofcom): it's apparently more efficient to wait until things fail.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
loverboi
Topic Author

@TimmyBGoodthanks ahh yes i was  told that by asky when i got a call back as earlier when i rang they had issuse with computer thats why i had call back but i asked family to trim them but they refuse 😞 so im haveing to wait for the worse 😞

loverboi
Topic Author

but i was threatened by family/the owner of the trees that i will get openreach to move the line away from trees and then i got threated by the saying that if openreach go mnear their trees they will cut the line as they say its on their trees and its their line not open=reaches but i have autisum and mild leaning difficulties and as well i feel un comthable what i can do as i dont feel okay with threats and with the threats what can i do if they try to damage the line/cut it in a childish way can i report it to openreach as criminal damage and report to sky and how long would it be if they did it to be reinstatedthanks any help/advice on what steps i can take and any help/advice  will be very appreciated:(

thank ken:) 😄 (would i have to contact sky to see what my options are as im registed with the accessibily team can i ask sky to see if they can move line but put myy own from pole or will that be classed as a new line from the cabnet 🙂 😄   ) 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion