Discussion topic: Wifi super slow on mobile devices and not as fast as it should be on laptops/tv

This message was authored by Amy_P_London This message was authored by: Amy_P_London

Wifi super slow on mobile devices and not as fast as it should be on laptops/tv

There is a massive delay on opening every webpage on all iphones that try to connect to the wifi. Constantly end up turning off the wifi and using mobile data instead. Wifi speed to tvs and laptop nowhere near as fast as they should be. 

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Wifi super slow on mobile devices and not as fast as it should be on laptops/tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Amy_P_London 

Please post your router stats

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Amy_P_London
Topic Author
This message was authored by Amy_P_London This message was authored by: Amy_P_London

Re: Wifi super slow on mobile devices and not as fast as it should be on laptops/tv

I cannot get in to my router settings? Have tried username:admin and then password: sky and also my wifi password but neither work? 

@Amy_P_London 

Any messages you get?

Are you using an Apple device? If so use a non-apple device if poss or at least not Safari

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Amy_P_London
Topic Author

Router Statistics
System Up Time: 21:22:43

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN WANoE 5468172 8351854 0 247210 44802 21:20:50 LAN Down 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 4419412 2603237 0 40220 218946 21:20:54 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 13515236 4103531 0 0 57058 21:20:52

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 549900 kbps 75000 kbps

@Amy_P_London 

Your connection looks fine from the stats so I suspect your slowness will be down to WiFi congestion.

Have you tried the WiFi tips below?

https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/my-broadband-speed/improving-wi-fi-signal-to-my-devices/arti...

I am NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion