Discussion topic: Wifi keeps dropping out

This message was authored by AlixB75 This message was authored by: AlixB75

Wifi keeps dropping out

I keep getting days where my WiFi drops out for long periods. I go to sky's service checker and it says everything is working correctly. But still I have no WiFi. 

My hub has 3 lights, green orange green, and even when I restart it, it reverts back to green orange green. And no Internet connection via WiFi. 

I've had engineers out previously and they couldn't find an issue as everything was working when they came. How can I get more reliable Internet other than leaving sky and going with another provider.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Wifi keeps dropping out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AlixB75 the orange internet light indicates loss of connection. Finding intermittent faults is very difficult as unless the fault is present when the engineer is there nothing shows up. However continue to report the issue to Sky so they are aware but if like many faults it is weather related it may not be possible to guarantee a continous service until your line is switched to full fibre which is happening but its a big job and it is going to take years.

There is no point in moving to another ISP who will use the same Openreach line as the fault will move with you so its only worth doing so if the provider using a different network such as Virgin Media or going over to mobile broadband,

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion