Discussion topic: Wifi has suddenly stopper working in 1 room

This message was authored by skycustomer_ This message was authored by: skycustomer_

Wifi has suddenly stopper working in 1 room

Hi all,

Frustrated customer here. I've been with Sky for a long time and never had any major issues. A year or so ago I upgraded to FTTP and received the new router etc.

All of a sudden wifi has stopper working in 1 particular room. Now this room has never had the strongest signal in the house as it is furthest away from my router, but it has always been sufficient and not caused any problems.

Until today - all of a sudden my devices won't connect in this room. Signal drops and trying to connect gives an "incorrect password" error. Move back closer to the router and it reconnects again without issue.

I've reset my devices and my router (held reset button down for 20secs) but no change. There has been no changes to my house, router location etc at all and everything was fine until this afternoon - anything I can try to get this sorted?

Thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Wifi has suddenly stopper working in 1 room

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@skycustomer_ by far the most likely cause is some form of interference is interfering with the signal. Restarting the hub should cause the hub to find the best wifi channel to use but this can vary around a home. Interference can come from many sources assuming you havent judtvadded a wireless appliance in the room check if an appliance or light isnt misbehaving. Having excluded that it is possible it is a neighbour's network on the same or adjacent channel. You can manually chnge the channels on hour hub by following these insstructions . Change your Sky WiFi channel the best order to try are 1,6,11,3 or 9. If you want to be more scientific download a free app called Wifi Analyzer onto an Android device or a windows laptop which will give you a graphical representation of all wifi signals in range

Hope that helps

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Sparkey74 This message was authored by: Sparkey74

Have a total similar issue, sky ultrafast working everywhere perfectly fine till a couple of days ago, however now one certain room within the last two days has no samsung tv connection via the ultrfast wifi connection, tried everything, connections via settings, resets via sky hub, tv etc but to no avail.

However when we did move the TV downstairs the internet it does work,

On a side note we are new to the sky tv & ultrafst plus broadband,

Have two questions,

Are we being slowed by sky on purpose after a couple of months of the contract to purchase something else? EG a booster?

Or,

Can we have money back via our GUARANTEED wifi contract?

Any thoughts, tips, remedys appreciated.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sparkey74 Sky dont "slow" connections with full fibre you get the speed you buy at the hub. Wifi speeds vary due to the lay out and type of construction of your home and the level of interference and are outside Sky's control. Read the "wifi guarantee" to know what that says they are  here https://www.sky.com/help/articles/wall-to-wall-wifi-guarantee

In practice requiring more kit to get reasonably fast wifi through out a home requires more than a single wifi router. You can buy one of Sky's addons or as I have done by a third party system they nedd not be expensive.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Sparkey74 This message was authored by: Sparkey74

Hi Chrisee,

And many thanks for your thought's,

However since the little rant last night Sky wifi is now connected to the said Samsung TV in it's original position (furthest away from the wifi router) since sky wifi installation 2 months ago and is now again working a treat,

Hmmm,

Sky maintenance? Sky Satellites in limbo?

On a side note, the said tv is connected to a freeview ariel facing a certain direction,

Any thoughts from anyone appreciated.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion