Discussion topic: What is the ETA on open reach fibre fitment

This message was authored by Kirsty96 This message was authored by: Kirsty96

What is the ETA on open reach fibre fitment

Good Morning,

We signed up on 2nd Jan & was given 2nd Feb as our fitment date- an engineer arrived and we was told we'd need to wait for open reach to fit a cable as our house was listed as a property with the fibre lead but it doesn't have one... so somewhere down the line this wasn't updated.

We've been waiting since 2nd Feb to get connected, we are currently paying for the TV service which is  most of the bill as we had the contract deal for 18 months. We are awaiting for open reach to connect a fibre lead thing for broadband in order to use the whole lot (Sky Stream)... can someone please give me some insight into this as we don't seem to be getting any actual update on what the technical issues are and why it takes so long - how long will it take for this and what would be the best bet, wait it out as I've seen comments say it takes 5-8 months? 

I understand this is not Skys fault but we are without a service have no WiFi/Phone/TV 😞

- Our next update is on April 1st ... 

(We've had around 4 updates since 2nd Feb)

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: What is the ETA on open reach fibre fitment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kirsty96 wrote:

can someone please give me some insight into this as we don't seem to be getting any actual update on what the technical issues are and why it takes so long - how long will it take for this and what would be the best bet, wait it out as I've seen comments say it takes 5-8 months? 

Putting the address into the BT Wholesale Availability Checker should indicate which provisioning type is applicable.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

It's the table and the two text lines below it which are most useful.

Remove any personal information (such as the address itself) if you post an image.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion