Discussion topic: VPN client router

This message was authored by Yolofknell This message was authored by: Yolofknell

VPN client router

Hi all, Have the sky hub 4.2 on sky's 500mb plan. I am looking for advise on the following please. I would like to replace the standard router that sky supply with one that allows VPN Client. Am considering using a VPN but would rather have it at router level and not device level. Not looking to spend a fortune on this, let's say budget of £150. Abu other information that I need to supply please let me know. Thanks all.

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: VPN client router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Yolofknell 

All asus rt ax wifi 6 routers are both compliant with skys authentication so can be directly connected to the ont and offer vpn client services via openvpn

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@Yolofknell 

All asus rt ax wifi 6 routers are both compliant with skys authentication so can be directly connected to the ont and offer vpn client services via openvpn

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Yolofknell
Topic Author
This message was authored by Yolofknell This message was authored by: Yolofknell

@cookiemonsteruk

Is open already installed or would I need to install? 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Yolofknell 

Openvpn client and server is pre installed as far as i can remember

Yolofknell
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk

Thank you so much for your fast response dvd expertise. It is much appreciated. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion