Discussion topic: Switching from talktalk to sky

This message was authored by PinguLou This message was authored by: PinguLou

Switching from talktalk to sky

Hi I want to switch broadband providers from TalkTalk to Sky if I switch over will Sky contact TalkTalk and tell them I left or would I need to contact them myself? 

Also another question how long after I order my contract with Sky would the billing start is it possible to change the first billing date or is it a set amount of time after the order is made?  

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Switching from talktalk to sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PinguLou  Yes Sky will contact Talk Talk for you   Speaking to Sky to find out when the billing would start is something that needs to be discussed with Sky.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Danny7 This message was authored by: Danny7

Re: Switching from talktalk to sky

@PinguLou 

Our experience of switching from Talktalk to Sky has been a nightmare. On 4th January we made an initial payment to Sky. We had a new fibre cable put in by Openreach on 19th January. We made what was supposed to be a last payment to Talktalk.  But the billing hasn't stopped.  Threats of late payment fees, threats of fines for non return of equipment we actually had to pay for in the first place. Promise in February this would be the last bill and we'd probably get a refund.  Now I have a March bill. Sky apologised on 22nd of February , yet still we are billed by Talktalk. Every contact with Talktalk they move the goalposts.  Throughout this I have been unwell and it has all added to stress and distress.  We are going to the ombudsman soon if it isn't resolved. We have so far paid £49.48 too much to Talktalk, their prices spiral upwards, and have this further bill for March. Sky have promised credit, but not how much. I think they are in cahoots. My husband has been  too trusting that the system works. Mrs L Clahane 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion