Discussion topic: Slow connection, speed checker says there's an issue

This message was authored by richardbranston This message was authored by: richardbranston

Slow connection, speed checker says there's an issue

Hi all

For the last four days my previously stable connection has been noticeably slower. We cant even stream video without it stopping constantly. 

The speed checker on the sky website identifies a fault between our hub and the box on our street but then doesn't elaborate further on the issue. It then goes on to say the speed could be faster for a few of my connected devices. 

Does this sound like it's an issue that needs investigating? Thanks in advance for any help. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Slow connection, speed checker says there's an issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@richardbranston  So when you run the broadband test it does not give you the option to book an engineer or a number to call to report this to Sky?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
richardbranston
Topic Author
This message was authored by richardbranston This message was authored by: richardbranston

Hi

No I couldn't see an option to do that. I've just done the test again for exact wording.

First it says 'looks like a problem' with a red triangle. Then when I click that it gives some diagnostics and one 'speed to your hub' says 'poor' but then when I click on the 'lets fix it' button, it doesn't actually find a fault to report. Any ideas?

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@richardbranston  What does it do when you complete the process of "Let's fix it ".

This message was authored by Benzorz This message was authored by: Benzorz

I have exactly the same problem and it also does not offer me any recourse for it.

richardbranston
Topic Author

Hi It finds no problem with the setup but identifies that the connection to two of my devices could be faster. 

@richardbranston I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat.

More information about this process can be found in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

@Benzorz  What does it tell you when you run through the process of the broadband test? Does it tell you what the possible problem could be and where it could be?

richardbranston
Topic Author

That's kind of you. Thanks for the help.

This message was authored by Benzorz This message was authored by: Benzorz

Yeah it's like op says, it says everything is fine apart from my connection to the outside box which is 'poor'.  It does not allow you to call an engineer or anything. 

@Benzorz  I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat.

More information about this process can be found in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent invites to @richardbranston and @Benzorz.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Hedz1 This message was authored by: Hedz1

I also have the same issue. Plus the issue mentioned in a different post within this forum after being told there seems to be a connection issue when I do a check it tells me Sky BroadBand is not available to my home, yet I am a customer already, although I am due to renew my contract in 3 days.

I've just received an email from Sky offering me the 'Right To Exit' as they know there's been some issues and they havent been able to fix it. First I heard of it. Strange how it is 3 days before the BroadBand and Talk contract expires (TV package is in November).

I did attempt to get a better 'whole package' deal via the Accessibility chat yesterday, (I have a physical disability and registered to use this), but alas despite their efforts I got more confused and a monthly quote which was estimated to be more than my monthly Gas / Electric bill, that's saying something in these current economic climate! I requested time to consider it but to be honest im running out of time, patience and options.

If anyone does want to get in touch it would need to be via email or text chat online. Thanks!

@Hedz1  No one from Sky will be able to get in contact with you off a forum post. You might have to talk with that same team and get them to break things down for you to better understand the options available to you.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - spoken to @richardbranston and Openreach have resolved the issue 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion