Discussion topic: Sky is blocking my email server

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Sky is blocking my email server

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@msmawson24 

@mae-3 i have asked you before but can't remember what you said re dmarc not been enabled. Can it have similar effect as a black list 👍

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@cookiemonsteruk 

Yes, DMARC can act as a blacklist on Google soon, and everyone else later...

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@msmawson24 

See @mae-3 response.  @mae-3 who is responsible for setting the reject details the domain owner or the web host ? Thanks @mae-3 👍

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

@cookiemonsteruk 

DMARC relies on Webhost and a signed DMARC signature on the domain that holds the certificate which is encoded in the DNS system with a public key.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
msmawson24
Topic Author
This message was authored by msmawson24 This message was authored by: msmawson24

@cookiemonsteruk 

The host says :

"No dmarc will only apply to sending so it won't be that, hundreds of other customers are connected and it's working fine. It must be an issue at your end connectivity wise.  We don't block any ips/subnets at all."

I spoke to Sky, they removed the Sky Shield, but it didnt really do much.
I did however delete my email account, switch on my EE 4G hotspot and add my email account on my computer using new settings which it accepted.  Of course as soon as I switch back to Wifi it goes off again but at least its a workaround.  Ive done this on my phone, laptop and computer and they all accepted new settings so thats something.

I think I need to find a new webhost!

@msmawson24 

Unfortunately, it is for the receiving of emails from the sender because without DMARC on the sender then more and more receivers will reject the email if it is bulk. Google will not accept any unsigned DMARC emails very shortly from bulk senders without the DMARC signature.

-------

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion