Discussion topic: Sky internet no service

This message was authored by HES06 This message was authored by: HES06

Sky internet no service

Husband was watching youtube on Sky Glass then it went off (disconnected/couldn't connect to internet). Check service status in area no reported problems in area. Then went to Sky and checked my wifi, again it said internet is all good. Tried to access the internet on my phone using wifi, no internet. 

Went to service checker which said Sky broadband and talk issue detected, I clicked for more information but the reported areas affected are up North, nowhere near me. Now been without internet for over half hour. I have a lifeline (community alarm) which connects to the landline and it keeps saying "warning telephone is disconnected), yet the website showsno issues with my phone.

I rely on my phone and the internet to help me and keep me connected as well as in case of emergency. 

All Replies

This message was authored by kifkroker This message was authored by: kifkroker

Re: Sky internet no service

I think it went off around midnight for me. I tried the service checker now as well as when this has happened before and it reported that everything was ok. It's pretty useless.

This message was authored by Tf1 This message was authored by: Tf1

Internet outage again sky?????

Internet outage again.... West Wales..... Sky **bleep** are you lot doing?????? 

This message was authored by paulhopejones This message was authored by: paulhopejones

Ditto I'm in West Wales and no Internet since midnight. I was working as well so can't finish what I was doing so frustrating. Did usual checks all saying that it was ok, then came onto this website and at least I know its just not me with the problem 

HES06
Topic Author

@paulhopejones That's the same time mine went down. I'm in Pembrokeshire. 

This message was authored by RebeccaG931 This message was authored by: RebeccaG931

+1 for no Internet in West wales even though the service checker says everything is good

HES06
Topic Author

@kifkroker it's useless. The amount we pay them each month and we don't even get a reliable service or informed when services are going to go down for plannedmaintenance etc. I pay nearly £100 per month, the least I expect is a reliable service and for the detectors (or whatever it is that detects problems to be up to date, reliable etc). If this carries on I will be asking for a refund for the hours/days lost as unable to use services. I do hope you can finish your work. I am using hotspot as my mobile is with a different provider...thankfully or I would be well and truly up the creek. 

This message was authored by Donna-p64 This message was authored by: Donna-p64

Hi, same here live in west wales went off 2 mins after midnight, it always drops around this time, but now its off, done all the checks says no problems found????

HES06
Topic Author

@RebeccaG931 the service checker must be faulty too. We all having the same issue with service and service checker saying everything okay. Hope it gets sorted soon. 

HES06
Topic Author

@Donna-p64 I think someone from Sky needs to look at this and sort it out. There too many of us now with the same problem/s for it to be a coincidence. 

This message was authored by paulhopejones This message was authored by: paulhopejones

Its back 😁 

This message was authored by Donna-p64 This message was authored by: Donna-p64

Just googled around and it's an outage in this area, it's come back on now, for how long i don't know, and yes I agree it needs addressing 

HES06
Topic Author

@paulhopejones thank you. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned as I was using mobile data and hotspot on my phone. Glad it's all solved now. Have a good night

HES06
Topic Author

@paulhopejones my internet is up and running but still getting message on community alarm saying "warning the telephone line is disconnected". Will have to check the tv see if it's working on there as tourune has still not reconnected 

This message was authored by Volupian This message was authored by: Volupian

Ours (Berkshire) has been going in and out all night long. And it's been really bad post 1:00am for months now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion