Discussion topic: Sky broadband Nintendo switch won’t work

This message was authored by Antony This message was authored by: Antony

Sky broadband Nintendo switch won’t work

Hi, joined sky broadband in Oct, wish I hadn't but can't afford to cancel contract. My son has had a Nintendo switch for his birthday, however even after putting the wifi password it doesn't allow access to the online shop to buy games. My WiFi is split 2.4 and 5g does the same on both . Went to a neighbours house and logged in fine and downloaded it. Came home, won't give me access.

Router not recognising the switch I guess? I have the same issue with my wifi printer, to get that to work I have to go into router settings , deactivate all security settings , apply , print off, reactivate all security settings ( and no the switch doesn't even work doing that)

can't find any online chat or even speaking to a human .

utter joke Sky. 

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Sky broadband Nintendo switch won’t work

@Antony 

Sky has an issue with their firmware for the Sky Hubs they are rolling it back to fix the issue, and your situation sounds related to that fact. You'll need to wait until the firmware for the Sky Hub is rolled back to see if that solves the situation which is likely, yes.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Antony
Topic Author
This message was authored by Antony This message was authored by: Antony

In case it's useful to others , I found the answer on YouTube 

on the Nintendo Switch:

go to internet,

select the network

tap on change network

change primary DNS from auto to manual

enter 1.1.1.1

save

and this fixed the issue for me : below is the YouTube clip 

https://youtu.be/mnhzTxTHIn0?si=AdICQoRICNWR-IX0

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Antony 

That you very much for the information it will be useful for other community members who can change the DNS servers on the device concerned.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Samana This message was authored by: Samana

I moved over from BT to sky today and the switch will not connect to the WiFi. At first it didn't even detect the WiFi until I changed the security level on the sky app. Now it finds it but after I enter the WiFi passcode it just doesn't connect. I have tried to change the DNS as a previous poster suggested but it didn't work. Is the switch blocked on my router or something?

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Samana  The normal default setting for the broadband sheild is PG13. Try changing that to see if the Switch will connect. This can be found in my account under the broadband & talk tab at the bottom of that page.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Samana This message was authored by: Samana

Thanks for the reply @Highlinder . I disabled broadband shield entirely but that hasn't worked either. Still getting the 'unable to connect to network' message.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Samana  Can you hold the reset button for 30 seconds to re-set the router. What security setting did you set with the Switch to.. Should be on WPA2-PSK AES?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion