Discussion topic: Sky booster not connecting

This message was authored by JOHNxEIRE This message was authored by: JOHNxEIRE

Re: Sky booster not connecting

I had huge issues trying to reconnect mine. Every trick in the book; nothing eventually unplugged it and walked away. 

Which seemed to help as it connected fairly instant a few days later when I came back to it

This message was authored by Mother+Terasa This message was authored by: Mother+Terasa

Thanks I unplugged it , situated it a little further away and now !!! It works 😀

This message was authored by Miss+a+lyons This message was authored by: Miss+a+lyons

Sky booster won't connect tried setting it next to hub

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Miss+a+lyons wrote:

Sky booster won't connect tried setting it next to hub

Have you tried the instructions in post 2 of this thread?

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 23 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by Alex868686 This message was authored by: Alex868686

This fix still doesn't work. What else can I try other than resetting the booster? Your online booking system is currently down for booking engineers. 

This message was authored by Clairedublin This message was authored by: Clairedublin

Having this issue. Worked perfectly for a year Did all the rebooting. Got onto customer service and they sent me out a new booster. Still the same issue. Just doesn't work yet we have Wi-Fi on our phones and other devices where the booster is 

can someone help? 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Clairedublin 

Have you tried factory resetting your main router?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by ScoutPB This message was authored by: ScoutPB

I'm having the same issue - booster was working fine. I had to unplug while doing some decorating. Now I've plugged it in I just get one green power light. 

I have done the factory reset but nothing happens when I press/hold the WPS button - not night in the button etc.

This message was authored by TJSB This message was authored by: TJSB

Hi, this whole thread seems riddled with the same issue I have.

My booster is connected via CAT5 in an annex. The booster was working brilliantly, I then unplugged to do some decorating, plugged it back in and now I can't connect to my WiFi with anything (laptop, phone, printer, etc...)

Power light - Green

Wifi light - Green

Connected light - nothing

I plugged the booster in near the hub, did the WPS thing, all went Green. Took it back to my office, WPS flashes orange, then solid orange, then nothing.

Anyone help please? Thanks

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@TJSB 

Sounds like the ethernet cable your using to connect it has been damaged in some way?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Raj86 This message was authored by: Raj86

Hi my sky booster has no power..

Tried reset no joy..pls advise...very frustrating as just upgrading to sky q had nothing but problems....

This message was authored by Miss+a+lyons This message was authored by: Miss+a+lyons

Have u tried holding in the wps button until the lights flash and then also hold the wps but on the router to it flashes also 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Raj86   your new Q boxes act themselves as Wifi boosters when you have Sky broadband and if the engineer who installed the system checked they were connecting properly you may not need an older booster which could be the wrong type to work. If however the engineer gave you the booster then call Sky as if it wont power up its faulty.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Khan10 This message was authored by: Khan10

I have recieved 2 white boosters to use with my black hub from Sky

they boosters/extenders worked fine for the first 2 days.  then the 'connected' light on both turned off.  

I have followed the instructions to reset several times, reset, tried to reconnect with WPS but the boosters just will not connect...

theres no answers about my issue on Sky Help?

This message was authored by mac07 This message was authored by: mac07

Looks like we are all having same issues, power light and wifi light green but no connection light. Rebooted everything and reset the booster a few times. there is no WPS on the booster, just a reset.

On main Q box I connection to mini Q box has a tick. reactivated connection on mini q box and still says it has no broadband yet everything else in the house and all wifi IS connected.

Help please, run out of ideas and done everything on this thread twice (except WPS as it aint got one)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion