Discussion topic: Sky blocking connection to my email server

This message was authored by SJFR80 This message was authored by: SJFR80

Re: Sky blocking connection to my email server

@Ageing_Hippy @Lisa-P1987 @UserDav @lettice 

@Ageing_Hippy wrote:

I'm having a similar issue, it started Sunday afternoon.
I can’t gain access to my Plesk server via the web portal or retrieve emails from it if i go through my sky broadband, but i can access email and the server portal without any issues if i use a VPN over my sky broadband.
This tells me it's defiantly a sky issue as the VPN bypasses sky’s network settings.
When not using a VPN my email client will connect to the server via SMTP but at the same time won’t retrieve emails via POP, this, in my opinion, would point to a sky network/router (not broadband router) problem rather than a blacklisting issue because blacklisting won’t allow connections on any port in any direction.
I was on the phone for over an hour today trying to explain the situation and eventually someone said they will look into this and call me back in 30 minutes, that was 8 hours ago and still no call back!

So to recap, if anyone is having this issue, try using a VPN program to bypass sky’s settings and see if that works, if it does work for you, please post and let us all know.
You never know, if enough people can bypass this issue using a VPN sky may actually realise it’s their problem and look into it properly.

Sky messaged me yesterday to say they were still investigating the issue, so fingers crossed they comeback soon with an outcome and hopefully a resolution. 🤞

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @SJFR80 

A private chat was started but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom

@Tom-W19 wrote:

Hi @SJFR80 

A private chat was started but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

@Lisa-P1987 @Tom-W19 

Great!!

I was asked to feed back if the new hub had resolved the issue but have only just swapped the hub over today so haven't even had time to test it yet!

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

If you can update this thread for us when you have managed to test it. 

If you need to come through to us again, the team can escalate the post again for us. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

@Lisa-P1987 wrote:

If you can update this thread for us when you have managed to test it. 

If you need to come through to us again, the team can escalate the post again for us. 

@Lisa-P1987 

Hi Lisa, it's been 2 weeks now with the new hub and so far it's working fine 🤞. If it changes I'll let you know. Thanks for your help

This message was authored by WeeFletch This message was authored by: WeeFletch

@Sky2 I also have to connect to AOL mail via my mobile phone first thing in the morning and then change the wifi back to Sky, why is this? how do I resolve this matter? and how do I get a partial refund?

This message was authored by Sky2 This message was authored by: Sky2

Sorry for the delay 

this is a Sky problem, you will see others with the same type of issue. 
Sorry I'm non the wiser, currently having my own problems with them, I think their trying to force people over to the internet (glass).

This message was authored by steeler This message was authored by: steeler

I have a similar issue, the access to my mail server is not blocked but whenever I send to anyone with a gmail address, it goes to their spam folder. I'm using a Tiscali email address.

I did a check for blacklisting using mxtools and found that my IP address was listed on the spamhaus zen list. I contacted Sky support who said the IP address should change whenever the router is rebooted. That didn't work, still had the same address so they sent me another router, that changed the IP address but still had the same problem. I checked for blacklisting again and the new IP was also on spamhaus zen.

I then discovered that this is Sky policy to prevent people using a sky email server or one affiliated to sky. Since Sky no longer provide new emails this seems to be a very restricting policy and it's hard to see how this can be justified, either they provide an email service or allow us to use one from another provider.

@steeler This nearly drove me mad, it's been years now, but I ended up ditching any thought of a Sky email address, (I went the Outlook way) which I think they don't want people to get. Too many issues overall and too long to write about here, but I stand by what I said Sky are being centric on Glass, as it is cheaper.

This message was authored by Sharkattack021 This message was authored by: Sharkattack021

Hi, yes same issue with IMAP with SKY only. Other ISP's are fine and also 4g/5g network. My IMAP server is privately hosted with Hostek.

If you switch the private address off on your iPhone lan connection, it will receive once.. then blocked.

All very frustrating.

This message was authored by Sharkattack021 This message was authored by: Sharkattack021

I post on here and it's started working !

2 days of email so far .... thank you !

It's dead again ! ... doh

This is only a hail mary, Accessing your Sky Yahoo Mail | Sky Help | Sky.com

Other than that it means waiting for customer service, they do try even if some of them can only work with a script.

Like I said before I gave up and use Outlook and added an account there, well it's handy for me.

Sorry. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion