Discussion topic: No internet for 4 days ?

This message was authored by Oscar7 This message was authored by: Oscar7

No internet for 4 days ?

I've been without internet for 4 days , rang Sky in Bulgaria I was told , they said it was a problem outside in the cabinet at first then decided it was my router after open reach couldn't fix it 🙄 received router today and still didn't work? Rang sky back now been told they have to get an engineer out and will be next week. Absolutely awful service, totally unaccountable and really seems like they couldn't care less . So frustrating 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No internet for 4 days ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Oscar7 
The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when the fault is first reported to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account (new rates from 01/04/24).

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Oscar7
Topic Author

I'm not really bothered about compensation, just letting people know how bad they are . And as for open reach how is possible that company is just not contactable . There's just no accountability.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Oscar7 

You have to deal with your isp Sky, you can't deal with Openreach direct. 

Sky customer since 2001
Oscar7
Topic Author

Yes and that's the problem what a terrible company they are deal with. They'll always try to deflect it onto open reach I find.  eg problems outside not our fault . To be honest your helpless with them. Thanks for the reply

@Oscar7 

Openreach operate and maintain the infrastructure for many ISP's. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Oscar7 

Unfortunately Openreach has had a very effective monopoly of service provision to ISPs since British Telecom privatisation in the 1980s, and there's no option but to go through the client ISP.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Oscar7
Topic Author

Apparently no outage in my area so just my property affected? Any ideas on what you think the problem could be ?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Oscar7 wrote:

Any ideas on what you think the problem could be ?

For FTTC that's usually a degradation in the manky Openreach copper pair between the fibre cabinet and the subscription address, just like 'phones' used to 'go noisy' when they were still a thing.  The obvious suspects at this time of year are water and wind.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion