Discussion topic: Sky and OpenReach

This message was authored by Jewels5 This message was authored by: Jewels5

Sky and OpenReach

I ordered an upgrade to Full Fibre at the beginning of March 2024;  couldnt make the first appointment so rearranged.  Got a message saying they couldnt make it - problems with cable to the house - so they made a new appointment.  Again, couldnt make it and rearranged a new appointment for 3 May 2024.  Got an email and text message yesterday saying my order has been cancelled by OpenReach as I've failed to give my consent for works;  I've received nothing asking for consent, I've even emailed OpenReach and received no response and now I've had to place a new order!  Needless to say I've lost my "deals" and will have to pay full price in May which is almost 3 months since I ordered.  Has this happened to anyone else...seriously considering going elsewhere.  Help and advice greatly appreciated

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Sky and OpenReach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jewels5 

It is not unheard of. If Openreach see your install as a problem one they may keep pushing it back until they have sufficent time & teams to dedicate to the task. If a wayleave had not been obtained or information not passed onto you from Sky that would explain why Openreach cancelled the order.

If you go to this site and use the 'Address checker' then post the resulting table back here we can look to see what might be the issue with getting the cable to your house. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Jewels5
Topic Author

@jamesn123 

Hi...thanks for coming back and offering assistance, it's really appreciated.

I've done as you asked and have the message in red:

There is no data available. This may be because it is not a BT line or it is a number which has been moved to an IP Voice service. We advise using the address to check availability instead.

Jewels5
Topic Author

@jamesn123 

I think I sent the wrong information to you but I cant get it to copy either PDF or Webpage.  Any info as to how I can get this to you would be appreciated, thanks

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Jewels5 

Yeah thats likely because you used your phone number instead of the address checker, you need to use the address check.

Once you have the table just take a screenshot of it and upload it to the forum using the little camera icon when replying to a thread

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Jewels5
Topic Author

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Jewels5 

'UG partial Direct in Ground' is confirmation that digging is required, but the complexity of that task will only be assessable on site.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Jewels5
Topic Author

Thank you @TimmyBGood perhaps this is the works they're referring to for which I've not given consent because I've not received a request from them for consent 🤔. Shouldn't Sky have asked me to give consent in some way shape or form?  What do I do now as it appears we're at a stalemate?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion