Discussion topic: Sky WiFi booster question

This message was authored by Marshall77 This message was authored by: Marshall77

Sky WiFi booster question

 Hello, my mom ordered a sky WiFi booster today. I asked a lady from sky on twitter about if the sky WiFi booster will have an Ethernet cable. She said this: I'm not 100% sure as we can't support with broadband issues on this platform but it will likely be the Sky Broadband Booster that's being sent and as far as I know it has an ethernet port but my best advice would be having a look at our community forum for this.

so I decided to ask here, I'll post a screenshot of what the email says about the sky WiFi booster. Hopefully someone can let me know if it will have an Ethernet cable slot. 

IMG_5975.jpeg

thank you to everyone in advance. 🙂

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Sky WiFi booster question

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Marshall77 

the old ones do boosters from 2023 i believe don't due to world wide chip shortages

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Marshall77
Topic Author
This message was authored by Marshall77 This message was authored by: Marshall77

Hello thank you for the information. Just got the sky booster and unfortunately it doesn't have an Ethernet cable port. We are going to send it back and let them know we need one with an Ethernet cable port. Thank you for your help.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Marshall77 wrote:

We are going to send it back and let them know we need one with an Ethernet cable port.

Unfortunately we suspect the Sky logistics chain may not differentiate between the two different Sky Broadband Booster variants, and so what you will receive is unpredictable.  All new boxed stock is likely to be the post-pandemic manufacturing batch without an ethernet port, and I suspect they are despatching from that stock by default.

For information: the SE210 has the port while the SE210A does not.

210 or 210A.png

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Also perhaps interesting to note the prominent UKCA mark on the newer version.

Marshall77
Topic Author

Hello thank you for the reply. So is it possible we are able to ask them for the version with the Ethernet cable? Thank you 🙂

@Marshall77 wrote:

. So is it possible we are able to ask them for the version with the Ethernet cable?

You can ask a contact centre person, but realistically they may simply have no way to pass that request on down the chain to whichever warehouse ships the devices.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Marshall77 

Very unlikely you'll be able to request one and even if you do its very unlikely this message will be passed along and the warehouse are able to fulfill the request.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion