Discussion topic: Sky Router randomly re-starting

This message was authored by GForsyth This message was authored by: GForsyth

Sky Router randomly re-starting

Good morning. My Sky router randomly re-boots itself multiple times a day. It has been doing this for well over 1 week now. Powered down router and done a factory reset etc to no avail. My previous router was replaced about 3 months ago for exactly the same reason and had been faultless for a couple of months since it was replaced. When router reboots the power light stays green, other led's are off then goes through restart sequence as normal. I was a new customer in October 2023 and the original router was faultless for a couple of months before having it replaced and now the replacement is showing the exact same symptoms a couple of months after replacement. Moved many of my wi-fi devices on to a seperate access point and tried having various items powered down but still the router reboots. Can someone please advise or lend some assistance .. Regards   Graeme

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Sky Router randomly re-starting

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GForsyth Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
GForsyth
Topic Author

GForsyth_0-1710513584239.png

Router stats attached as requested. All router diags and on-line tests pass without error when the router is running normally.   Regards  Graeme

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@GForsyth  These are normal router stats as you said. Then next time the router does it again, can you come back and post the router stats again to see if it is router or the connection itself.

GForsyth
Topic Author

Just to clarify, wait till the router reboots itself again and then take another snap of the router stats when the router comes back up? It can't be done before it boots back up.  I can assure you that the router stats will remain almost identical except the "uptime" will be much shorter. Surely if the connection was dropping then the router "Internet LED" would  go off and would not cause the router to completely  reboot.   Regards   Graeme

GForsyth
Topic Author

Just rebooted itself again for the 4th time today

GForsyth_0-1710520243902.png

@GForsyth  Have you tried another device in the power socket to discount that. You also when you changed routers that you changed everything out including the power unit?

GForsyth
Topic Author

I can confirm that a different 13A socket has been tried. When the router was previously replaced the power supply and all associated cables were also replaced at the same time. As previously stated the router had been working flawlessly for approx 2 months after it was replaced.  Regards  Graeme.

@GForsyth I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat.

More information about this process can be found in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent GForsyth  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now but if there is anything further we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion