Discussion topic: Sky Q box disconnecting WiFi

This message was authored by Robbo0410 This message was authored by: Robbo0410

Sky Q box disconnecting WiFi

Currently having a bit of a problem, broadband has been absolutely fine last few month, until today, router keeps resetting, turns out it's my sky Q box that is causing this, it keeps losing connection to router and when I connect it again it knocks the WiFi on all devices, I also have a mini box upstairs that my partner cannot watch now due to this problem as that needs to be paired with the main box downstairs and since it won't stay connected to WiFi, I am paying for something that I can't really use, I've tried it all the usual things and still no joy, this has literally just started happening tonight, had no issues at all with the Q box connecting to the router, it will connect for a matter of minutes with WPS but then when I'm trying to connect the mini box upstairs, the router just resets itself, very frustrating 

All Replies

This message was authored by Tarnova+4 This message was authored by: Tarnova+4

Re: Sky Q box disconnecting WiFi

Same here... suddenly sky box not connecting. Won't do Netflix either.. did you get a solution?

Robbo0410
Topic Author

Unfortunately not, tried all the recommendations to resolve the issue, everything else connects fine and the WiFi stays on, as soon as I connect the Q box though, the internet disconnects and the router resets itself.... Weird because it's been absolutely fine for a few month and then this happens

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robbo0410 assuming you haven't moved the Q box or placed any electrical gear that uses wireless near it then it sounds like the TV box could be faulty. Check that nothing like a cordeless phone isnt causing interference then call Sky which maybe easier said than done to get an engineer out to check the set up.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Robbo0410
Topic Author

@Chrisee it's been fine for months so I have no idea what's causing it, would a faulty Q box cause the router to reset itself and disconnect all other devices from the WIFI?

Robbo0410
Topic Author

@Chrisee I've got in from work, and my partner said the sky box done a reboot itself I've managed to connect it to the router and got the mini Q box upstairs paired, I guess I will just have to monitor it tonight, weird that the sky box reset and it's somehow working for now 

Robbo0410
Topic Author

Update, it disconnected everything again within half an hour, Sky are sending an engineer out on the 21st, it seems that it's the Q mini box that is causing the issue, trying to pair it with the main box and connect to the network just has a knock on effect and kills the WiFi 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion