Discussion topic: Sky FTTP with TP Link Archer C6

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Re: Sky FTTP with TP Link Archer C6

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gareth2309 wrote:

I have Sky superfast Broadband????

@Gareth2309 

If your Superfast is via FTTC and not FTTP (some provisions for Superfast are now over FTTP) then you'd be better off choosing the quick start-up and selecting Sky (Fibre) from the dropdown and enter a username and password.

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Gareth2309 This message was authored by: Gareth2309

basically, as it stands at the moment I have my Sky hub router and x2 RE305 repeaters (which are mesh compatible). I want to link them all together. At the moment I have to select which wifi I want to pick up and if I move to another part of the house I have to do the same again? (If that makes sense)

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Gareth2309 

Typically you'd change the SSID (broadcast network name) and wireless key on the extenders to match that of the router (Hub).

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Gareth2309 wrote:

so to confirm:

I am looking to purchase Archer C6, am I correct in thinking if I replace my sky router with this and use the settings as above all should be ok?

@Gareth2309 

The Archer C6 is router, not a modem router. If your superfast is FTTC you'll need a separate modem in-front of the Archer C6 - the Sky Hub does not have a modem only mode.

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Braderz1988 This message was authored by: Braderz1988

@Eyewash01 the pics you uploaded work perfectly with these settings. I followed it step by step and it connected first time. Literally think I must have tried every other combination. Also had a bit of a tif with Sky about it. 

I have an Archer C6 on the latest build connected first time using the IPv6 Method. 

Thank you for doing the hard work bud. 

Side note: Sky Broadband Engineers should really be aware of how to connect their services to 3rd party providers. It would save a lot of business. 

This message was authored by smudgester This message was authored by: smudgester

Hi @Eyewash01 , were these the only changes you made to get the C6 working with Sky Ultrafast FTTP ?

I have a C7 AC1750 which I currently use to connect to BT Infinity (FTTC) over PPoE. In a couple of weeks, this is being replaced with Sky's Ultrafast Plus service (which I believe is FTTP).. I can see exactly the same options in my respective router settings pages so is this a good indicator that I will likely no have problems ??

This message was authored by Eyewash01 This message was authored by: Eyewash01

Hi @smudgester - yep the only changes I made are the two screenshots I posted on 26th Jan.  Hope this works for you.

This message was authored by TomS This message was authored by: TomS

Switched over to Sky FTTP this morning, after checking it using the Sky provided router I've now got it working ok using our existing TP-Link Archer AC2800 (running latest firmware, see picture) so sharing in case it's helpful to others with the same setup.

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 10.05.02.pngScreenshot 2022-01-25 at 10.05.44.pngScreenshot 2022-01-25 at 10.05.57.png

Looking good so far and getting 400mb downstream, will report back if encounter any issues longer term.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@TomS 

Many thanks for the info. The tp link modem routers have been a right pain to get up and running on fttp 

@Skull+Treaty an actual screen shot to add to the post from the other day

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

@cookiemonsteruk 

Yep, spotted this earlier - very useful indeed 🙂

This message was authored by Harryp76 This message was authored by: Harryp76

Thank you! This post has saved me from fury regarding ISP issues! You're a saint!

This message was authored by warbkingtonlounge This message was authored by: warbkingtonlounge

Hi I know this is an old post but did you get this page after clicking the ADD button on the internet connection page?

This message was authored by Cactusdan78 This message was authored by: Cactusdan78

Hi @Braderz1988 

Bit of a long shot given the date. Was it FTTP you had working with an Archer C6 as I have one and it doesn't even have the option for DHCP Option 61 (MER) authentication. I have tried IPV6 setup but nothing seems to work.

Any help really appreciated 

This message was authored by Cactusdan78 This message was authored by: Cactusdan78

All working now with my Archer C6:

The setup wizard automatic detect fails but if you then go into the advanced menu then IPV6.

The settings need to then be set to:

Mode: Router

Wan connection type: Normal

Get IPv6 Address: Static 

I have tried this with the IPv6 set to Auto before and it wouldn't work so it has to be set to static.

But to confirm yes my Archer C6 works on Sky FTTP

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion