Discussion topic: Scam broadband call

Wilkinson81
Topic Author
This message was authored by Wilkinson81 This message was authored by: Wilkinson81

Re: Scam broadband call

It does make you wonder 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Well, as I'm out of work at the moment and have time on my hands, I just might have a little look into it all. Just to occupy my mind of course....

This message was authored by TCS20 This message was authored by: TCS20

I received the same type of phishing/scam call today suggesting I was having issues with my broadband and they could see this from the data at their end and then asking how many devices were connected to my router. It was strange as my internet connection has actually dropped a few times this week but I hadn't reported it. When i asked who she thought she was calling and the account holders name she kept ignoring me so I hung up.

This message was authored by spammers This message was authored by: spammers

I tried to panic alarm using my mobile calling the Ian's line, it doesn't work like I though, just a full noise. I now just make aspersions about then our their mothers, then hung up.

This message was authored by Sted111 This message was authored by: Sted111

yes just got same call, knew it was a scam so no danger of handing over any details, asked me if I had a laptop when I said no he hung up🤣🤣

This message was authored by MJD73 This message was authored by: MJD73

I've had this call once a day for the last 3 days. The first one I said I was busy. The second I played along for a bit and when he asked me to press the key with my fingers on my laptop so I said I couldn't as I had no fingers, he hung up. The one today resulted in the caller telling me to f*** off when I said I had no issues with the broadband! 

This message was authored by Laney365 This message was authored by: Laney365

I was called today about broadband speeds and told mine was very slow after test they then tried to take control remotely and sent me a text asking for £5100.00 just to fool the scammers. I Put the number into tablet and found it originated from Moscow. I almost lost that money today.

Lucky lucky 

This message was authored by Wiesner This message was authored by: Wiesner

I have just received the same scam call asking for the same information as reported here. I said you don't introduce yourself, you don't say where you are calling from and that makes me nervous. The caller then said just go to you laptop (after asking about devices) and we will show you the error. The caller said open Safari (I said I use Chrome and want to use Chrome), the caller insisted and became skittish. At that point I said this is not a trusted all and hung up. It sounded dodgy from the start and just let the call go on a bit to be sure. I did not do anything the caller asked.  Please warn your customers.  

This message was authored by Hornette+Jones This message was authored by: Hornette+Jones

We've just had a call from 00523331140495, (Mexico!) saying we had to log into our computer as there had been a security breach. My hubby is quite savvy, they were insisting it had to be done now.  He kept asking, how do I know you are from sky, no answer, hung up!  Be careful folks.

This message was authored by GaryLan This message was authored by: GaryLan

Re: Scam broadband call.

Pre recorded message on my home phone from a mobile number claiming that due to suspicious activity my broadband would be disconnected in the next 24 hours unless I followed the guidelines. I hung up before the message finished.

This message was authored by Steddyeddy This message was authored by: Steddyeddy

Re: Scam broadband call from 0 0 2 5 4 2 9 3 7 0 9 2 8 8

We have just received a robocall saying our broadband will be switched off in 24 hours because of suspicious activity. We don't use the Sky landline number they call on, never fill it into forms (apart from government requests for a landline) so very curous as to how they obtsined our  telephone number and how they know we are a sky customer.

Any explanation from the expets @Sky would be appreciated as these calls ar not only scams but very intrusive during the day when working from home (doesn't help that Sky won't allow posting of the scam telephone number for others claiming "The message subject contains 293709288, which is not allowed or has been repeated too many times. We block information which can identify you such as account or phone numbers & email addresses. Please remove or change it before trying again."

Come on Sky, get your act together! I pay you enough.

This message was authored by NotGullible This message was authored by: NotGullible

I have received 4 yes 4 calls this morning (within 2 hours)  on my land line phone all from people saying they are calling from the sky technical team telling me my internet is not secure. They have all taken around 10seconds to connect and all had Asian accents. The last number that called was 0208 8707 372 I also had a call from another uk code I told them all repeatedly to stop calling me, I had one insisting I open my laptop, which I refused to do. She told me she would call me again later.. to which I told her no and to never call again!! These people are relentless!! 

This message was authored by Hornette+Jones This message was authored by: Hornette+Jones

I've had a few lately, either recorded messages saying our broadband is about to be cut off or a person from overseas telling me there is a security problem on my laptop.  Getting fed up with it!  Usually would miss the calls as would be at work but working from home.  My number has obviously got out there somehow.  Strange as I never quote my home number, always my mobile.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Activating Sky Talk Shield may reduce the incidence of such calls.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Eamonn+Staunton This message was authored by: Eamonn+Staunton

This happened to me this morning but I didn't follow his instructions and hung up. I am ex-directly so sadly this leads back to Sky and their policy of selling and sharing our information! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion