Discussion topic: No landline & Slow WiFi for the past 3 months

This message was authored by Chappers05 This message was authored by: Chappers05

No landline & Slow WiFi for the past 3 months

Some new houses were connected and therefore an enginner was in the green box, so I can only presume my cables were knocked and one of the copper cables has lost connection. Can't make or recieve any calls on the landline, WiFi reaches a maximum of 15.6Mb/s were it was once before at about 60Mb/s.

I have had a similar issue before were I had no landline & no WiFi after an openreach engineer left my connection unplugged.

I have tried all of the online available "help" options, I would book an engineer but no one will be home.

Is there a way to arrange for an engineer to just go straight to the supply box and sort the issue out without requiring someone to be home?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: No landline & Slow WiFi for the past 3 months

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chappers05 

Typically Openreach requires an adult to be present at the address so they have access if they need to inject a tone at the master socket to identify the appropriate pair in the cabinet.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Chappers05 

Could you post your hub stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

And enter your full postal address below and post the table after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Chappers05
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chappers05 This message was authored by: Chappers05

Chappers05_1-1710959685283.png

Chappers05_0-1710959660089.png

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Chappers05 

There only appears to be a small fault as shown by the noise margins although the speed shows a major fault.

To get you assistance i will escalate this for you

Keep your eyes on this forum using a chrome browser preferrably

I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or red and  blue chat bubble. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Chappers05 an invite to chat.

Chappers05
Topic Author

26/03 Update:

Had two sky employees lie to me, saying they ran a scan on the line and it all showed up fine. Finally got through to someone on the complaints desk, they ran a scan and it showed up with a line fault outside of the property. Openreach arrived today and crimped a loose line, not sure whether it was up the pole or supply box. The landline has since been working.

I wasn't home at the time, but apparently he was ready 55mb/s - I am getting less than 14.

Is it worth giving it a few days, or is this worth contacting Sky again and hoping for a decent employee response? Or am I within my right to cancel my contract within the minimum term due to the issue without fees?

Chappers05_0-1711475653049.png

Chappers05_1-1711475666952.png

Chappers05_2-1711475739799.png

@Chappers05 

You would need to give it 10 days to retrain the line as if it was a new line

So don't be tempted to re boot

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Chappers05 

After a fault fix it takes around 48hrs for your throughput speed to come back.

We can already see that your router is showing the improved line speed of 55mbps so you should be able to get that speed via ethernet after 48hrs.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion