Discussion topic: SR213 issues

This message was authored by ClareHumphreys This message was authored by: ClareHumphreys

SR213 issues

I switched to the new SR213 router when I took Sky glass with broadband talk. Since then my internet connection has been terrible with devices dropping off the router, even when connected via ethernet. sky have just replaced the router and the situation is no better. They claim it's a bandwidth issue which absurd and the SR203 had no issues at all.

I'm at the point of just buying a new router as I'm sure there is a technical issue with this model that Sky will not acknowledge. Attenuation and contention, I can deal with; claiming bandwidth issues is why the router disconnects from the internet or devices just randomly stop working is ridiculous. My main issue is going to be with broadband talk, does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do here please? 

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: SR213 issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ClareHumphreys I use a SR213 myself with no issues either with ethernet or wifi connections and we have not seen similar reports in the forum so I doubt there is an inherent issue with the model.  That your fault affected both units you have had points to some clash somewhere in your network. Do you have any other network kit like managed switches etc? Do you have any of the pod extenders ?

You can of course use a third party router if you want but you will lose the landline facility if the Sky hub is not directly connected tomthe ONT or landline. You could conceivably connect a second router behind the Sky hub in a Double NAT configuration which works with most but not every app. If you decide on either of these approaches post again for more detailed advice.

As I say my own SR213 is stable but bar using the hub's WiFi for testing my hub feeds a third party wifi mesh system which gives me better coverage than the Wifi Max extenders Sky provided. The hub also feeds an unmanaged ethernet switch that my ethernet devices use. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion