Discussion topic: Cannot pause devices on sky wifi max

This message was authored by Kezza9292 This message was authored by: Kezza9292

Cannot pause devices on sky wifi max

I've set up my child's devices under their own profile on sky wifi max app.  When it gets to 10pm which is the downtime set in the app, he is still able to continue online gaming. What am I doing wrong? The ps5 is linked to his profile, 10pm is set. Thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Cannot pause devices on sky wifi max

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kezza9292 difficult to know without seeing exactky  what you have set up but there are couple of suggestions.  Firstly check the attached devices as it maybe he has used a technique called Mac spoofing and created a second profile forvthe console which thecsystem isnt controllling. No parental control system is proof against a tech savvy kid or even a non-savvy kid with mates who are. While you can add the new profile to your control prepare for a game of Whack-a-mole as he simply repeats the trick.

The other way he could do it is by just attaching the console to his phon'es mobile hotspot. Gaming as such doesnt use

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion