Discussion topic: Router keeps dropping connection to Internet.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Router keeps dropping connection to Internet.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WisteriaRose3 

The pstn phone lines are being retired but copper lines will still carry the signal the only difference will be the phone will plug into the back of the hub

The copper lines for broadband will still go on until december 2026 or until 50% of the exchange is already fttp . This is called a stop sell

You can enter your full address below and post the table after removing your address from the image to see the status of the exchange

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WisteriaRose3 

My bad you already posted that info.

As it stands if you move provider or upgrade even to superfast it will be via fttp

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by radios01 This message was authored by: radios01

for about 1 weeks, the router has been constantly interrupting the internet connection.
I can't work online at all at night!
Outrageous!

I live in Crawley but I didn't see Crawley in the list

This message was authored by Ozymandias69 This message was authored by: Ozymandias69

@radios01

Same for me too. 

That pesky middle green LED! 

Typically in the middle of the night too.

I've been having these issues off and on for over 6 months. Sometimes it's fine for weeks/months. And then I have a couple of days/nights of frustration 

Scott Gordon
This message was authored by radios01 This message was authored by: radios01

I wrote to sky, they checked the line and established that they have the problem, the mechanic is here right now

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion