Discussion topic: Router delivery

This message was authored by PLee64 This message was authored by: PLee64

Router delivery

Hi, we are in the process of swapping from Talk Talk to Sky. Following issues with delivery by DPD I was utterly dismayed to find that the router wasn't in the parcel. I now understand this is delivered separately. We paid £4:99 for a Sunday delivery as we work during the week and it didn't arrive. I took an annual leave day today to revive the parcel. Tried to call Sky to ask about the order and expected arrival date as the tracking when we sign in isn't clear... Expect it SOON was the answer. Does anyone know if I can alter the delivery of the router from DPD to Royal Mail? Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Router delivery

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PLee64 

So what was delivered by DPD?

Usually Sky always sends the router via Royal Mail a few days before activation. You can always collect it from your local delivery office if you are not in during the day. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@PLee64 

You're the second customer today querying delivery of a hub. As @jamesn123 states these are normally delivered by Royal Mail and if there is no one in to accept delivery they should leave a card outlining the opening items of the collection office.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@PLee64 wrote:

Hi, we are in the process of swapping from Talk Talk to Sky. Following issues with delivery by DPD I was utterly dismayed to find that the router wasn't in the parcel.

If you ordered Sky Stream and Sky Broadband in the same process, there are very different lead times involved which Sky is not particularly good at informing customers about.

Stream offers 'next day' delivery of the puck hardware, but broadband service has a minimum 10 day wait for actioning a switch between providers (imposed by Openreach rather than the ISP)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
PLee64
Topic Author

Can't quite believe it but about 5 minutes after I posted, a Royal Mail van turned up with the router 😅

PLee64
Topic Author

DPD delivered the puck for Sky streaming 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@PLee64 wrote:

DPD delivered the puck for Sky streaming 

Yeah thats why then. Sky Stream is separate from broadband, usually arrives 1-2 days after ordering via DPD.

Sky broadband router is delivered by Royal Mail and tends to arrive a few days before broadband activation. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Dean554 This message was authored by: Dean554

Can someone tell me about my sky TV stream because I have not received my sky stream box and all I'm doing is being messed around by sky 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Dean554  The delivery information can be found in track orders in my account.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Dean554 This message was authored by: Dean554

It's says it be delivered today but nothing I spoke to them and there saying it be delivered between Monday and Tuesday nexts week and it's making me angry and because I've been told since the 4th different answers 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Dean554  So you have already spoke to Sky regarding this?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion