Discussion topic: Red Light on ONT box

This message was authored by Jaggy4422 This message was authored by: Jaggy4422

Red Light on ONT box

Currently got no broadband or phone with a solid red light on the LOS. When doing the line test system says it's fine and connected to the hub but zero devices connected. However on the hub is 2 orange lights.  Tried calling ended up round in circles and told to go online. Don't know what to do. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Red Light on ONT box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jaggy4422 

When you ran service checker did you use 4g/5g mobile data.  ?  Obviously a loss of service is a fault that needs reported either via the my sky app using mobile data or over the phone

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@Jaggy4422 

When you ran service checker did you use 4g/5g mobile data.  ?  Obviously a loss of service is a fault that needs reported either via the my sky app using mobile data or over the phone

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Jaggy4422
Topic Author

Yes was using my mobile data when I did the line check. I've done it again this morning and now says there's a fault that requires an engineer.  

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Jaggy4422 

Were you able to book it online or do you have to ring? 

Jaggy4422
Topic Author

I called as well to see if they could help but ended up being the engineer visit required.  Seemingly a mouse had eaten through our fibre cable leading into the house, not something that could be fixed remotely. 

Back up and running now. 

Thanks for your help. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion