Discussion topic: RAXE 500 setup with sky phone line wifi

This message was authored by JamesC09 This message was authored by: JamesC09

RAXE 500 setup with sky phone line wifi

Hello,

Sorry I am new to sky and an old VM customer.

I have a RAXE500 router that i used with my VM supply with the VM hub in modem mode and the RACE500 as the access point.

I was wondering how I can set this up with the sky router.

Do I need a replacement for the sky router or can I just directly hook up my RAXE500 straight to the phone line or sky router? Can I just use a phone line to Ethernet adapter?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: RAXE 500 setup with sky phone line wifi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JamesC09 

Is your sky landline superfast fttc or ultrafast fttp

From netgear themselves

"

• WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing WiFi Router (separate modem or modem router required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more

So if you have a fttc connection you would also need a vdsl fttc moden

If you have fttp ultrafast then the netgear should work by plugging it directly into the fibre optic ont modem

Additionally you could just ethernet it into the sky hub and change the netgear operating mode to access point and disable wifi on the sky hub

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
JamesC09
Topic Author
This message was authored by JamesC09 This message was authored by: JamesC09

Re: RAXE 500 setup with sky phone line wifi

Hi @cookiemonsteruk ,

thank you for your speedy reply, I don't have any fttc or fttp. My connection unfortunately is just over phone line as the house doesn't have any cable connection this far down the street. 😞

I will try your recommendation of just using the Netgear as a AP and turning the Wi-Fi off on the sky router.

will keep this updated on how I get on.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion