Discussion topic: Problem connecting mesh wi-fi extender to Sky fibre broadband....

This message was authored by mr-terence This message was authored by: mr-terence

Problem connecting mesh wi-fi extender to Sky fibre broadband....

I just moved house and had Sky fibre broadband installed. I'd been using a tp-link AC1900 Mesh Wi-fi Extender in my previous home, so that I could connect my Bryston music streamer to it with an ethernet cable.

But in my new home the the tp-link extender won't make its usual wireless connection to the Sky broadband box - it seems in some way incompatible with the Sky box.

Does Sky have its own wi-fi boosters and extenders, and might this be a way forward? They would need to have an ethernet cable connection, as I need to connect to my Bryston streamer with a cable.

Any thoughts on this would be very welcome!

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Problem connecting mesh wi-fi extender to Sky fibre broadband....

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mr-terence I would expect the TP-Link unit to connect to your Sky hub so could it simply be out of range? Sky do not sell boosters but you can buy them online but recent examples do not have ethernet ports so may not be suitable. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
mr-terence
Topic Author
This message was authored by mr-terence This message was authored by: mr-terence

Re: Problem connecting mesh wi-fi extender to Sky fibre broadband....

Chrisee, thank you for this, it's appreciated. I finally got the extender linked by using Tether on my phone. It's working well now!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion